NEET 2018: The National Eligibility Cum Entrance Test for undergraduate courses (NEET UG 2018) will be probably organized on May 2018 at various test centers across India. The Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) conducts this entrance exam for offering admissions to MBBS/BDS courses in affiliated medical/dental colleges in the country (except AIIMS and JIPMER Puducherry). There will be a single eligibility cum entrance examination i.e. NEET-UG for admission to MBBS/BDS courses in each academic year.
The interested candidates who are eligible for NEET 2018 can apply for the examination before the closing date of application. The NEET 2018 online application form will available most likely in December 2017. Aspirants can check complete details regarding NEET 2018 exam from the article mentioned below on this page.
NEET 2018: An Overview
|Name of the Examination||National Eligibility Cum Entrance Test|
|Commonly known as||NEET UG 2018|
|Exam Level||National level test|
|Name of NEET Conducting authority||Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE)|
|Courses offered through NEET UG||Undergraduate medical courses i.e. MBBS/BDS|
|Application mode||Online only|
|NEET 2018 age limit||17 years (Min) & 25 years (Max)- Open category|
|Schedule for online application submission||January 2018 to March 2018|
|Last date for NEET fee transaction||March 2018|
|Uploading of NEET Admit card/Hall ticket||April 2018|
|Date of NEET (UG) 2018||May 2018|
|NEET 2018 Attempt limit||Maximum of three attempts|
|Documents to be carried on the day of exam||Admit Card, Passport size Photograph and Post Card Size Photograph attached on proforma|
|Type of exam||Objective type test|
|Marking scheme||+4 for each correct answer|
|Negative marking||-1 for each wrong response|
|Duration of exam||Three hours|
|NEET 2018 Syllabus||Based on a common syllabus issued by the Medical Council of India|
NEET 2018 Important Dates (Tentative)
Below, we are listing the important dates related NEET 2018. It should be noted that all the dates mentioned here are tentative. The NEET 2018 important dates mentioned in the below table will be amended as per the discretion of conducting body i.e. CBSE.
|Online application will perhaps available from||December 2017|
|Deadline for application form submission||January 2018|
|Admit card will release from||Probably in the month of April 2018|
|Exam Date of NEET 2018||May 2018|
|Release of OMR Sheet||May 2018|
|Release of answer key||May 2018|
|Result will announce on||Perhaps in June 2018|
|Counseling date||June 2018|
|Date of 2nd counseling||June 2018|
First of all, the candidate must ensure that whether they meet with the NEET eligibility criteria or not. After satisfying the prescribed eligibility criteria, they can apply for the exam. Candidate’s eligibility for NEET (UG) is merely provisional and is dependent on the fulfillment of eligibility criteria as specified by the MCI / MOH&FW/ DCI/ MCC/ Board.The important eligibility conditions for NEET 2018 are as follows:
NEET 2018 Age criteria
Minimum age limit: Aspirants should have attained the age of 17 years at the time of admission or will complete the minimum age on or before 31st December of the admission year.
Maximum age limit: The upper age limit for NEET 2018 is 25 years as on the date of entrance test. There will be the relaxation of 5 years for candidates belonging to OBC/SC/ST category.
The age criteria for NEET UG 2018 are as follows:
|Category||Date of Birth|
|Unreserved Category (UR)||Born on or between 08.05.1993 and 01.01.2002|
|SC/ST/OBC Category||Born on or between 08.05.1988 and 01.01.2002|
Number of attempts for NEET 2018
The NEET 2018 Attempt limit for all the candidates will be limited to three. Candidate’s appearance in NEET 2017 exam will be considered as their first attempt.
Indian citizens can apply. Moreover, Overseas Citizen of India category (OCI) may also apply for NEET UG. However, admission of such candidates is done on the basis of Government norms.
NEET 2018 Eligibility for seats under the control of States / Universities / Institutions / AFMC/Central pool Quota
- Candidates who are either Indian Nationals or Non-Resident Indians (NRIs) or Overseas Citizen of India (OCIs) or Persons of Indian Origin (PIOs) & Foreign Nationals are eligible to apply for admission in Medical/Dental Colleges through NEET UG 2018 dependent on rules and regulations decided by the respective State Governments, Institution and the Government of India.
- Foreign citizens may confirm their eligibility from the respective Dentals/ Medical college/state.
Eligibility criteria of NEET 2018 for 15% All India Quota Seats
Indian Nationals, Overseas Citizen of India (OCIs), Non-Resident Indians (NRIs), Persons of Indian Origin (PIOs) & Foreign Nationals are eligible to apply admission for 15% All India Quota Seats.
In case of candidates from Telangana, Andhra Pradesh, and J & K, following conditions would be applicable.
- Students who belong to Telangana, Andhra Pradesh, and J & K are not eligible for 15% all India quota seats. If they claim eligibility, they have to submit the online Self Declaration which will be generated automatically along with confirmation page for the proof and to produce at the time of NEET counselling. If online Self Declaration given by the candidates will be found false, their candidature/admission will be cancelled at any time and criminal proceedings may be started against them.
- Candidates from these states can appear in NEET (UG) for admission to Private Dental / Medical Colleges or any Private/Deemed University and Armed Forces Medical College (AFMC), Pune dependent on the accomplishment of prescribed eligibility conditions.
- Aspirants need to clear 12th examination with Physics, Chemistry, Biology/Biotechnology and Mathematics or any other elective subject with English minimum of 50% marks (40% for reserved category candidates).
- Applicants who are appearing in the qualifying examination i.e., 12th or whose result is awaited, may also apply for the exam provided they have to produce the passing certificate of qualifying examination with the required pass marks during the first round of NEET Counselling 2018.
For Government Medical Colleges Under 15% All India Quota, the reservation takes place as follows:
- 15% seats are reserved for candidates from SC category
- 5% seats are reserved for candidates belonging to ST category
- 27% seats are reserved for non-creamy layer OBC candidates as per Central Act (only in Central Educational Institutions).
- Differently abled applicants as per MCI guidelines are:
- Physically Handicapped (PH) -1: applicants with locomotor disability of lower limbs from 50% to 70%
- Physically Handicapped (PH) -2: applicants with locomotor disability of lower limbs from 40% to less than 50%
NEET 2018 Application Form: How to apply?
In order to appear in NEET exam for undergraduate courses, candidates need to fill and submit the NEET 2018 application form on or before the last date. An applicant, before submitting the online application form of NEET UG 2018, shall fulfill his/her eligibility to appear in the entrance exam. Interested and eligible candidates can apply online only by visiting official website link at www.cbseneet.nic.in. It is expected that the online application form will be available most likely in the month of December 2017. Candidates are advised to keep ready the following documents before the submission of NEET UG application form 2018.
Things should be kept ready before staring online application filling process:
- The personal and educational details to be entered in the online application
- Aadhaar Number/ Aadhaar Enrolment Number
- Registration Number Issued by CBSE Facilitation Number
- Passport number/ Bank Account Number/ Ration Card Number/ Other valid Govt. Identity card Number, Date of Birth, Mobile Number, Address, E-mail ID, etc.
- Scanned images of latest Photograph (size of 10 Kb to 100 Kb) in JPG format only
- Scanned image of Signature (size of 3 Kb to 20 Kb) in JPG format only
- Debit/Credit Card, net banking and e-wallet details for fee payments
How to submit NEET 2018 online Application form?
- At first, visit the official website of conducting body.
- Now look for the “Apply Online” link and open the same.
- Fill in required details in the online application form and note down the registration number given after the successful completion of registration process.
- In the next step, candidates have to upload the scanned images of photograph and signature in JPEG format
- Thereafter, make the payment of said fee as per available options
- Candidates should take the printout of confirmation page of online application form and keep it safe for further use along with the copy of fee receipt.
- Rs 1400/- for General category
- Rs 750/- for reserved category i.e. (SC/ST/PH)
Mode of fee payment: The payment of NEET UG 2018 application fee can be made through the debit card/ credit card, or net banking/UPI or E-Wallet of various service providers.
Important instructions for completing NEET 2018 application form
- Candidates should read the instructions mentioned in the information brochure carefully before starting the online application process.
- They need to enter a valid email address and mobile number in the form.
- Candidates must ensure that the filled-in postal and contact details in the Application Form are correct.
- There is no need to send the confirmation page of online Application form to the Board. However, applicants are advised to retain sufficient copies of the Confirmation Page along with the proof of fee deposited for any future use.
- Those who are from Andhra Pradesh, Telangana, and J & K are needed to submit online Self Declaration for seats under 15% All India Quota.
- Incomplete applications or applications received after due date will be rejected.
- A candidate can submit only one application form. More than one application form received from a single candidate will lead to cancel their candidature.
The admit card of NEET UG 2018 for the eligible candidates will be made available online by the CBSE most likely in the month of April 2018. Here, candidates can check the details about NEET MBBS/BDS 2018 hall ticket.
How to download the NEET 2018 Admit card?
Candidates are required to download the NEET (UG) admit card on the Board’s official website and follow the instructions provided therein. It should be noted that the authority will not send admit card via post or any other offline mode. It can be obtained online only from the official website of CBSE. To download the admit card, they need to enter their user id/registration number and password.
Details that imprinted on NEET hall ticket 2018
Your NEET Admit card will bear the important details like candidate’s Name, Roll Number, Father’s Name, Category, Sub-Category, candidate’s photograph and signature, NEET question paper language with Name, Date of Birth, and name and address of examination center allotted. Candidates need to bring the admit card to the examination center on the day of the exam.
Importance of Aadhar card for NEET (UG) 2018
The use of Aadhaar card for NEET 2018 will result in the precision of the candidates’ details. This document will also help in determining identities of the applicants at the examination centers in a hassle-free manner. With having a valid Aadhaar card, candidates are not required to produce the multiple documents to prove their identity for appearing the exam. It is must for all candidates to enter their Aadhaar number, name, gender and date of birth in the online application for NEET 2018 for the purpose of their identity and verification thereof.
The details of NEET UG exam pattern 2018 are provided below:
Type of test/questions
The NEET 2018 exam will be an objective type test. The paper comprises 180 multiple choice type questions with four alternate options. The questions will be asked from Physics, Chemistry, and Biology (Botany & Zoology) subjects.
Marking the answers
Candidates have to mark their responses on the specially designed machine-gradable sheet by using the black/blue ball point only. Answers marked with the lead pencil will not be evaluated.
Each right answer will be carried 4 marks. There will also be a negative marking of one mark for each incorrect response given by the candidate. No mark will be deducted for blank or un-attempted questions. More than one response marked in a question will be considered as incorrect answer and will lead to deduction of one mark.
Duration of exam
Three hours will be given to complete NEET Exam.
Language of NEET 2018 exam
Aspirants can select the language for NEET 2018 from any of the following options Hindi, English, Gujarati, Tamil, Oriya, Marathi, Bengali, Telugu, Assamese, Kannada languages
NEET 2018 Syllabus
The NEET syllabus has been prepared by Medical Council of India. The syllabus for NEET will include topics from Chemistry, Physics, Botany, and Zoology of 10+1 and 10+2 level.
Books recommended for the preparation of NEET 2018
Candidates can check here the list of best NEET 2018 books for Physics, Chemistry, and Biology. We hope it will help you to prepare for NEET exam in a better manner. The subject wise books for NEET 2018 are as follows:
Best Physics books for NEET 2018
- Concepts of Physics by H. C. Verma
- NCERT- Physics Part 1 and Part 2
- D C Pandey Objective Physics
- Fundamentals of Physics by Halliday, Resnick, and Walker
- Problems in General Physics by I. E. Irodov
Best biology books for NEET 2018
- Objective Biology by Dinesh
- NCERT Biology of Class XI and XII
- Trueman’s Biology Vol 1 and 2
- GRB Bathla’s Publication’s for Biology
- Pradeep Publication’s Biology
Best Chemistry books for NEET 2018
- Dinesh Chemistry
- NCERT Chemistry
- Physical Chemistry by O.P. Tandon
- Concise Inorganic Chemistry by J. D. Lee for Inorganic Chemistry
- Organic Chemistry by Morrison and Boyd for Organic Chemistry
- Modern’s ABC of Chemistry for class 11th and 12th
CBSE will issue the NEET 2018 answer key on its official website after the successful execution of the exam. With the help of NEET Answer key, candidates can calculate their possible marks. Candidates can also challenge the answer sheet against the payment of Rs.1000/- per response. The amount will be refunded only if the challenge is accepted by the Board.
NEET 2018 Result
The Central Board of Secondary Education will declare the NEET UG result for those candidates only who successfully appeared in the entrance exam. Candidates can check /download their result from the official website of Board. After the announcement of the result, the CBSE will prepare the merit list/ wait list as per the directives of MCI, DGHS, and DCI. There will be no provision for re-evaluation/ re-checking of the answer sheets.
The MCC (Medical Counselling Committee) will invite the selected candidates for the counseling process. Candidates who qualify the examination successfully and are present in the merit list will have to register themselves online for NEET counseling.The Counselling under 15% All India Quota seats is conducted by the MCC/ DGHS whereas the counselling for admission in seats under the control of other Universities/ States/Institutions will be held as per the notifications issued individually by the authorities concerned. The final allotment of seats will be done on the basis of candidate’s rank in the merit list and their choice of course. At the time of NEET 2018 counselling, the eligibility criteria, important documents, self-declaration, etc. of the eligible applicants will be verified as per rules prescribed by the respective authorities and Dental / Medical institutes or Colleges
For more news and updates, stay tuned with 99entranceexam