NEET UG 2017: NEET is a single entrance test conducted at national level for aspirants seeking admission to medical programmes. After getting qualified in NEET UG, aspirants will be eligible to get admission to MBBS and BDS programme offered at a majority of medical institutions across the country.
NEET 2017 application form is available from 31st Jan 2017 and the exam is conducting on 7th May, 2017. Apply Here
Check NEET UG 2017 Important Dates Here
|Sl. No||Events||Tentative Dates|
|1.||Online application form submission process will start||31st Jan, 2017|
|2.||Last date for submission of the application form without late fee||1st March 2017|
|3.||Admit card will be uploaded||15th April, 2017|
|4.||Examination date||7th May, 2017|
|5.||OMR sheet will be displayed||—|
|6.||Answer key will be displayed||—|
|7.||Result will be displayed||8th June, 2017|
Ensure Your Eligibility for NEET UG Here
- Candidates belonging to Indian Nationals and Overseas Citizen of India category may apply for NEET UG. However, admission will be given to OCI category candidates according to the Government norms.
- Candidates should have cleared class 12th exam with Physics, Chemistry and Biology subjects.
- Age of candidates should be minimum 17 years as on or before 31st December, 2017 or at the admission time.
- Candidates seeking admission under 15% All India quota seats, maximum age for them should be 25 years (30 years in case of SC/ST/OBC category candidates).
Registration Procedure: How to Apply for NEET UG?
NEET UG 2017 Application form will be accessible at official admission portal of NEET (link will be updated soon). Expected month of availability of application form is December, 2016. For the successful submission of application form candidates need to remit the application fee amounting Rs.1400/- for General category and Rs.750/- for reserved category.
Candidates should complete application procedure very carefully and without committing any sort of blunders.
Correction in Application Form
Correction facility in application form will be available according to the official notification released by the admission authority. Candidates need to log in to their account for making correction in permitted particulars of application form.
NEET UG 2017 Exam Pattern Important Highlights
- The test will consist of only one paper including 180 objective type questions.
- Each question will have four alternatives among which one is correct. Candidates need to fill up the correct response.
- Questions will be asked in the test from Physics, Chemistry and Biology (Botany & Zoology) and that needs to be answered in specially designed machine-gradable sheet using Ball Point Pen offered by Central Board of Secondary Education at exam centre only.
- Candidates are free to choose language of the question paper that would be either English or Hindi.
|Candidates’ category||Reservation Percentage|
|OBC (Non Creamy Layer)||27%|
|Scheduled caste (SC)||15%|
|Scheduled Tribe (ST)||7.5%|
|Physically Handicapped (PH)||Horizontal reservation (3%)|
Medical Council of India has recommended the syllabus for NEET which includes topics from Physics, Chemistry, Botany & Zoology of class 11th and 12th. NEET exam syllabus has been prepared by MCI after analyzing the syllabus of various state boards, NCERT, CBSE and COBSE.
The CBSE allows candidates to download their admit card by following its official website. They need to download their admit card before the notified timeline. NEET Admit card contains information including candidate’s Roll Number, Father’s Name, Name, Category, Sub-Category, Signature, Photograph, Date of Birth, Question paper language with Name and allotted exam centre address.
CBSE will display NEET 2017 answer key for aspirants to calculate their possible marks. Once the answer key gets uploaded on website, candidates may challenge against that if any sort of ambiguity has found.
The Central Board of Secondary Education is the authority responsible to organize NEET exam, display its answer key and result on board’s official website. Date of publication of NEET result will be intimated to candidates through this post after announcement of similar notification officially.
NEET UG 2017 Counselling
NEET UG counselling process will be conducted for aspirants who have achieved qualifying marks in NEET exam. Admission will be solely based on merit list prepared by the authority. Schedule of counselling will be updated to aspirants through this post soon after release of similar notification.