NEET UG Admission and Reservation 2017: Based on candidates’ marks in NEET, an All India merit list gets prepared by the admission authority and admission will be given to them accordingly. NEET UG is being organized for MBBS and BDS admission all across the country.
All India ranks will be provided to candidates by the Central Board of Secondary Education based on their marks in NEET exam. Admission process will be solely based on merit of candidates.
Seats Reservation in Government Medical Colleges Under 15% All India Quota
Reservation norms will be applicable in following ways for admission to Government Medical Colleges under 15% All India Quota through NEET:
|Category of Candidates||Reservation|
|Non-Creamy Layer OBC||27% seats according to Central act in Central Educational Institutions only|
|Physically Handicapped||3% seats on horizontal basis|
*Aspirants who considered themselves under Physically Handicapped category they are advised to verify their eligibility by getting themselves scrutinized from any District Hospital/ Government Medical College/Government Hospital. Candidates, belonging to this category, will be required to produce Disability Certificate obtained from one of the disability assessment boards mentioned below:
- Vardhman Mahavir Medical College and Safdarjung Hospital, Ansari Nagar, Ring Road, New Delhi-110029 (Tel No.011-26190763 & 26163072)
- Madras Medical College, Park Town, Chennai-600003 (Tel No.044-25305301)
- All India Institute of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation, Hazi Ali Park, K. Khadya Marg, Mahalaxmi, Mumbai- 400034 (Tel No.022-23544341)
- Institute of Post Graduate Medical Education & Research, 244, Acharya J.C. Bose Marg, Kolkata-20 (Tel No.033- 22235181)
*Candidates belonging to creamy layer and do not fall under Central List of OBC are suggested to put their category as General.
Seats Reservation in State Medical Colleges/ Institutions/ Universities/AFMC/Private Medical Colleges for seats other than 15% All India Quota
- Reservation norms for admission against state quota seats will be applicable according to the rules & regulations notified by the respective State/Union Territory from time to time.
- MBBS and BDS admission in Private Medical College will be held as per the policies of the State/Union Territory.
- Admission to AFMC, Pune will be held according to the norms notified by the Directorate General of Armed Forces Medical Services, Ministry of Defence, Government of India.