NEET UG counselling 2018 will be conducted online by the MCC of Directorate General of Health Services. In the year 2016, NEET was proposed to be conducted in two phases i.e. NEET Phase 1 (AIPMT) and NEET Phase 2. The Central Board of Secondary Education had declared the combined result of both of the phases. However, from 2017 NEET will be a single entrance test for MBBS/BDS admission.
The CBSE is responsible for conducting NEET exam, declared its answer key and result however counselling process will be held under the supervision of Medical Counselling Committee (MCC), Govt. of India.
NEET UG Counselling Procedure 2018
The counselling process for NEET exam will be conducted in three phases and includes following procedures:
- Register yourself for counselling online: Candidates will be required to complete the registration formalities before the given deadline for appearing in NEET counselling. Registration process can be done with few basic information of candidate including name, roll number, date of birth, mobile number and email ID.
- Fill Choices and Lock Them: Now candidates need to put their choices of courses and institutions. Once they are satisfied with their filled choices then they will be required to lock the same. Candidates may take the printout of their locked choices for future steps.
- Announcement of Allotment Result: Once choice locking process ends the authority will be intimated individually about their allotted colleges and programmes. Allotment of seats will be done based on candidates’ rank and choice filled by them.
- Reporting at the allotted institute: At the last step, candidates need to report to their allotted college and course. Candidates who are failed to report to their allotted institute on notified date & time their candidature will be cancelled.
Counseling Details for seats under 15% All India Quota
Online counseling process for seats under 15% All India quota will be held from the official website of MCC. If you have any queries then you may share the same at below mentioned address:
The Assistant Director General (ME)
Directorate General of Health Services,
Nirman Bhawan, New Delhi-110 108
Phone No. 011-23062493, (FAX) 011-23061907
Counselling Details for other than 15% All India Seats
Candidates will be given admission to their State Medical Colleges/Universities/Institutions based on NEET exam merit only.
NEET 2018 Admission details
After the successful completion of NEET 2018 centralized online counselling, applicants have to report the allotted institute/ college in the specified date and time. Candidates can report the concerned colleges with the downloaded allotment letter. It is must for all the candidates to carry the mandatory documents in original with one set of photocopy. Candidates will have to pay the requisite admission fee at the time of admission in order to confirm the seat. If any candidate will find ineligible in at any stage, his/her admission will be cancelled and their allotted seat will be transferred to the next eligible candidate.
List of Documents Required During Counselling
- Mark statements & passing certificates of Class 10th & 12th.
- Date of Birth Certificate
- Admit Card of NEET UG 2017.
- NEET exam Rank Card
- Two numbers of similar passport size photograph.
- PwD category certificate, if applicable.
- Caste certificate, if applicable.
- Letter of counselling.
NEET UG Counselling Schedule 2018
|Counselling registration, choice filling and indicative seats||First week of July 2018|
|Last date of Counselling registration, choice filling and indicative seats||Second week of July 2018|
|Date of choice filling and locking||Second week of July 2018|
|Seat allotment round 1||Second week of July 2018|
|Declaration of result (round 1)||Third week of July 2018|
|Reporting to the allotted college after 1st round||In between the seven days of allotment|
|Seat allotment round 2||First week of August 2018|
|Declaration of result (round 2)||Second week of August 2018|
|Reporting to the allotted college after 2nd round||Within eight days of allotting college|
|Seat allotment round 3||Updated soon|
|Declaration of result (round 3)||Updated soon|
|Reporting to the allotted college after 3rd round||Updated soon|
|Migration of vacant seats to state quota||Third week of August 2018|