NEET UG Eligibility Criteria 2018: The Central Board of Secondary Education has set up some eligibility norms for appearing in NEET exam. Aspirants who are willing to apply for NEET UG 2018 they must fulfill those criteria. NEET UG exam is being conducted for MBBS/BDS admission across the country. According to CBSE NEET Eligibility criteria, applicants should have done class 12th with Physics, Chemistry, Biology, and English with scoring a minimum of 50% marks (general category) while candidates belonging to SC/ST/OBC categories must obtain 40% marks in qualifying examination. Besides educational criteria, candidates also have to satisfy the criteria related to age limit, nationality, domicile etc. If any candidate fails to satisfy the specified NEET eligibility criteria, he/she will not be permitted to appear for the entrance test. It is expected that the NEET 2018 will be held in the first week of May 2018 and applications for the same will be available from December 2017. In this post, we are providing complete details on NEET 2018 eligibility criteria
Eligibility Criteria for 15% All India Quota Seats
NEET 2018 Age limit
- Candidates’ age should reach to 17 years as on or before 31st December of the year of admission or at the time of admission.
- Talking about the upper age limit of candidates should be 25 years as on or before 31st December of the year of entrance test.
- Upper age limit will be relaxed by 5 years for candidates belonging to Scheduled Castes/ Scheduled Tribes/Other Backward Classes.
- It means the date of birth of candidates should be: 01/01/88 to 01/01/2001 (SC/ST/OBC Category) and 01/01/93 to 01/01/2001 (Other Category).
Criteria for Candidates from J & K, Andhra Pradesh, and Telangana
- Candidates belonging to J & K, Andhra Pradesh and Telangana aren’t eligible to claim for 15% All India Quota seats.
- In case, they claim then they will have to submit online Self Declaration (generated along with confirmation page) as record and the same needs to be produced during counseling.
- Verification of the online Self Declaration of the candidates will be done during counselling and candidates, whose documents are found wrong, their candidature will be cancelled automatically.
- Candidates who belong to J&K, Andhra Pradesh and Telangana may appear for NEET II for admission to any private/deemed University or private medical/dental colleges and AFMC, Pune subject of fulfilling minimum eligibility requirements.
Eligibility Criteria for Seats which are under Control of States/Universities/Institutions/AFMC
- Minimum age of candidates should be 17 years on or before 31st December of the year of admission or at the time of admission.
- Overseas Citizens of India (OCI) may apply for admission if they are able to meet with rules and regulations intimated by the respective State Governments and the Government of India.
NEET 2018 Attempt limit
The number of attempts for NEET 2018 for all the candidates to appeared in the exam will be limited to three (3). Candidate’s appearance in NEET 2017 exam will be counted as the first attempt.
Educational Qualification and Qualifying Examination Codes
|Qualifying exam code||Educational Qualification|
|Code 1||Class 12th appearing candidates whose results are awaited.|
|Code 2||Higher/Senior Secondary Exam or the Indian School Certificate Exam with Physics, Chemistry, Biology/Biotechnology and Math or any other optional subject with English.|
|Code 3||Intermediate/Pre-degree Exam in Science with Physics, Chemistry, Biology /Biotechnology and English from a recognized university/board.|
|Code 4||Pre-medical/ Pre-professional exam with Chemistry, Physics, Biology/Biotechnology & English after completion of the higher secondary exam or its equivalent.|
|Code 5||First year candidates of three years degree programme with Physics, Chemistry and Biology/Biotechnology. He/she has passed previous qualifying degree.|
|Code 6||B.Sc degree with at least two subjects from Physics, Chemistry, Biology (Botany, Zoology)/Bio-technology. Candidates should have passed previous qualifying degree.|
|Code 7||Any other exam which is equivalent to Intermediate Science Examination.|
An All India merit list of the qualified candidates shall be prepared on the basis of the scores obtained in the NEET 2018 (UG) exam and the admission in MBBS/BDS courses will be made to the said list only by following the already existing reservation criteria. The details of the reservation of seats in government medical colleges under 15% all India quotas are provided below:
- For SC candidates: 15% seats are reserved
- For ST candidates: 7.5% seats are reserved
- For non-creamy layer OBC category: 27% seats are reserved
- For Differently abled (PH-1) applicants with locomotor disability of lower limbs from 50% to 70% and (PH) -2 applicants with locomotor disability of lower limbs from 40% to less than 50%: 3% seats are reserved