NEET UG Eligibility Criteria 2017: The Central Board of Secondary Education has set up some eligibility norms for appearing in NEET exam. Aspirants who are willing to apply for NEET UG 2017 they must fulfill those criteria. NEET UG exam is being conducted for MBBS/BDS admission across the country.
Eligibility Criteria for 15% All India Quota Seats
- Candidates’ age should reach to 17 years as on or before 31st December of year of admission or at the time of admission.
- Talking about the upper age limit of candidates should be 25 years as on or before 31st December of year of entrance test.
- Upper age limit will be relaxed by 5 years for candidates belonging to Scheduled Castes/ Scheduled Tribes/Other Backward Classes.
- It means date of birth of candidates should be: 01/01/88 to 01/01/2001 (SC/ST/OBC Category) and 01/01/93 to 01/01/2001 (Other Category).
Criteria for Candidates from J & K, Andhra Pradesh and Telangana
- Candidates belonging to J & K, Andhra Pradesh and Telangana aren’t eligible to claim for 15% All India Quota seats.
- In case, they claim then they will have to submit online Self Declaration (generated along with confirmation page) as record and the same needs to be produced during counselling.
- Verification of the online Self Declaration of the candidates will be done during counselling and candidates, whose documents are found wrong, their candidature, will be cancelled automatically.
- Candidates who belong to J&K, Andhra Pradesh and Telangana may appear for NEET II for admission to any private/deemed University or private medical/dental colleges and AFMC, Pune subject of fulfilling minimum eligibility requirements.
Eligibility Criteria for Seats which are under Control of States/Universities/Institutions/AFMC
- Minimum age of candidates should be 17 years on or before 31st December of year of admission or at the time of admission.
- Overseas Citizens of India (OCI) may apply for admission if they are able to meet with rules and regulations intimated by the respective State Governments and the Government of India.
Educational Qualification and Qualifying Examination Codes
|Qualifying exam code||Educational Qualification|
|Code 1||Class 12th appearing candidates whose results are awaited.|
|Code 2||Higher/Senior Secondary Exam or the Indian School Certificate Exam with Physics, Chemistry, Biology/Bio-technology and Math or any other optional subject with English.|
|Code 3||Intermediate/Pre-degree Exam in Science with Physics, Chemistry, Biology /Bio-technology and English from a recognized university/board.|
|Code 4||Pre-medical/ Pre-professional exam with Chemistry, Physics, Biology/Bio-technology & English after completion of higher secondary exam or its equivalent.|
|Code 5||First year candidates of three years degree programme with Physics, Chemistry and Biology/Bio-technology. He/she has passed previous qualifying degree.|
|Code 6||B.Sc degree with at least two subjects from Physics, Chemistry, Biology (Botany, Zoology)/Bio-technology. Candidates should have passed previous qualifying degree.|
|Code 7||Any other exam which is equivalent to Intermediate Science Examination.|