NEET Exam Pattern 2017: The Central Board of Secondary conducts National Eligibility cum Entrance Test (Under Graduate) for aspirants seeking admission to MBBS and BDS programme offered by various institutions located across the country. Aspirants who are appearing in this exam they must be aware with its ongoing exam pattern as it’ll help them in scoring considerable marks in the exam.
Important Highlights of NEET UG Exam Pattern 2017
Find below important highlights of NEET exam pattern:
- The exam is going to be held in offline mode.
- The exam duration will be of three hours.
- The question paper will consist of 180 objective type questions in total.
- Every question will contain four alternatives among which one option is correct. Candidates need to put right answers on specially designed machine-gradable sheet using Ball Point Pen.
- Candidates will be provided ball point pen during exam.
- Name of subjects from where questions are asked in the exam are Physics, Chemistry and Biology (Botany & Zoology).
- Language mode of the question paper will be English and Hindi.
- Candidates need to choose the question paper medium while filling their application form. No alteration in the language mode will be entertained at later stage.
What is the Marking Scheme?
Every question will carry 4 marks and hence total marks for the question paper will be 720. Negative marking rule will be applicable in the exam i.e. 1 mark gets deducted for every correct response.
Candidates must mark their correct answers in specially designed machine-gradable sheet by using Ball Point Pen. Multiple answers for a single question will cause negative marking.