AIIMS 2022: How to Prepare, Exam Pattern, Syllabus
All India Institute of Medical Sciences will be conducting its own entrance exam for screening the candidates for admissions into MBBS degree course. The candidates who clear the AIIMS 2022 exam will be considered for admissions into 9 different AIIMS. However, it is important to prepare well in order to clear this exam as a large number of candidates are supposed to be appearing for this exam. This article provides the preparation strategies and important books that may help you in qualifying your exam. Other details related to AIIMS 2022 such as exam pattern, eligibility criteria, application process, etc is also provided in this post.
AIIMS 2022 Important Dates
The tentative dates regarding AIIMS 2022 are given in this table below. These dates will be updated after the official announcement by the relevant authorities.
|Commencement of application process||November 2021|
|Last date for application process||March 2022, 1st week|
|Status of registration including rejection/ deficiency in applications||March 2022, 3rd week|
|Availability of admit cards||May 2022, 2nd week|
|Examination date||May 2022|
|Declaration of results||June 2022, 3rd week|
|Date of counseling||July 2022|
|Beginning of classes||August 2022, 1st week|
AIIMS 2022 Eligibility Criteria
The candidates should ensure their eligibility before they fill out the application for the AIIMS 2022. The following candidates are considered eligible for admissions:
- Candidates of Indian nationality, foreign nationality, Overseas Citizen of India and Non-Resident Indians are eligible.
- It is necessary for the candidates to attain the age of 17 years on or before 31st of December of the year of admission.
- The applicants should have completed their class 12th exam with Physics, Chemistry, Biology and English and obtained a minimum of 60% marks in aggregate of these subjects (50% for candidates from SC/ ST/ OPH category and foreign national candidates).
AIIMS Application Form 2022
The AIIMS 2022 application form will be released on the official website of the AIIMS. At first, the candidates will have to fill a registration form by providing personal details such as name, date of birth, nationality, etc. After registration, candidate id and password will be generated that will be used to fill the rest of the application form. In the application form, the candidates will have to provide their exam center choice, address and qualification details, upload scanned copies of photograph and signature. The candidates will also have to make submission of the application fee which can be done online using debit card/ credit card/ net banking.
|General/ OBC||Rs. 1500/-|
|SC/ ST||Rs. 1200/-|
|Persons with Bench-mark disabilities (PWBD)||Exempted from application fee|
AIIMS 2022 Exam Pattern
The candidates who wish to appear for AIIMS 2022 should gain familiarity with the exam pattern. The pattern for the exam is given as:
- Mode of exam: Online
- Duration of exam: 3 hours 30 minutes
- of questions: 200 questions, 140 of objective type and 60 of reason-assertion type
- Medium of exam: English or Hindi
- Marking scheme: Each question will carry 1 mark and one-third mark will be deducted for each wrong answer.
|Subjects||No. of Questions||Total Marks|
|Biology (Botany & Zoology)||60||60|
|Aptitude and logical thinking||10||10|
AIIMS Syllabus 2022
As such, no specific syllabus is prescribed by the institute, but the standard of the syllabus for the AIIMS 2022 exam will be as per the curriculum of class 12th.
- Physics: Unit and Measurement, Kinematics, Laws of Motion, Work, Energy and Power, Electrostatics, Current Electricity, Magnetic Effects of Current and Magnetism, Electromagnetic Induction and Alternating Currents, etc
- Chemistry: Structure of Atom, Chemical Bonding and Molecular Structure, Solid State, Solutions, Electrochemistry, Surface Chemistry, s-Block Elements, p- Block Elements, d- and f- Block Elements, Coordination Compounds, etc
- Biology: Diversity in Living World, Structural Organisation in Animals and Plants, Cell Structure and Function, Plant and Human Physiology, Reproduction, Genetics and Evolution, Biology and Human Welfare, Ecology and Environment, etc
How to prepare?
Candidates preparing for AIIMS 2022 can follow the below-mentioned strategies for better preparation of exam:
- Know your syllabus. This should be the first step towards your exam preparation.
- Before you start your preparation, it is necessary that you collect all the important study material at one place. Also, try to collect the study material only from reliable sources.
- Make a proper time table for efficient management of time as time management is very important while preparing for this exam.
- Practice previous years’ solved papers as it will help you in finding your strengths and weakness.
- Do not study stressfully. It is also important that you remain healthy and stress-free while preparing for the exam.
AIIMS 2022 Reference Books
The aspiring AIIMS candidates can take help from the following recommended books in their exam preparation:
- For Physics: NCERT for class 11th and 12th, Concept of Physics by HC Verma, Objective Physics by Dinesh
- For Chemistry: NCERT for class 11th and 12th, Physical Chemistry by OP Tandon, Arihant Organic Chemistry, Dinesh Inorganic Chemistry
- For Biology: NCERT for class 11th and 12th, Objective Biology by Dinesh, Pradeep Publication’s Biology
- Aptitude and Logical Thinking: RS Aggarwal
AIIMS 2020 Admit Card
The AIIMS admit card 2022 will be released on the official website of the institute for download. The admit card will contain the details of the exam center and certain basic details of the candidates such as name, roll number, etc. Those who are not able to download their admit card must immediately contact the Assistant Controller Examinations, AIIMS, New Delhi-110608. The candidates must carry the admit card along with a valid identity proof to the exam center.
AIIMS 2022 Result
The AIIMS result 2022 will be declared on the official website and the candidates who obtain more than the minimum cut-off marks prescribed by the institute will be considered as qualified. Roll numbers of the candidates who qualify for admissions as well the percentile score/ marks of the individual candidates will be published on the AIIMS website. As per the marks scored by the candidates, a merit list will also be prepared.
AIIMS Counseling 2022
As per their rank in the merit list, the selected candidates will be invited for AIIMS 2022 counseling. At the time of counseling, the candidates can provide their choice for admissions into MBBS course in 9 different AIIMS. The Online Seat Allocation/ Counseling will be held through an automated process based on the choice exercised by the candidates and the availability of the seats.