AIIMS MBBS Eligibility Criteria 2022: Academic qualification, Age, Nationality
The aspirants for AIIMS MBBS will start submitting their application from the month of February (tentatively). However, before you fill the application form, it is important for you to know the AIIMS MBBS Eligibility Criteria 2022. Only the candidates satisfying the eligibility criteria for AIIMS MBBS must submit their application or else they will be debarred from taking admissions even after clearing their entrance exam.
This article presents the AIIMS MBBS Eligibility Criteria 2022 and the candidates are suggested to ensure these criteria before they apply for the exam.
AIIMS MBBS Eligibility Criteria 2022
The candidates of Indian nationality, Overseas Citizen of India (OCI), Non-Resident Indian (NRI) and the foreign nationals are eligible for AIIMS MBBS entrance exam 2022.
Eligibility Criteria for Indian nationals:
The candidates who have completed 17 years of age or will complete by 31st December 2022 are eligible to apply.
- The applicants who have passed their class 12th exam under the 10+2 scheme/ Senior School Certificate Exam/ Intermediate Science (I.Sc) or equivalent with Physics, Chemistry, Biology and English subjects are considered to be fulfilling the AIIMS MBBS Eligibility Criteria 2022.
- These candidates, however, must secure a minimum of 60% marks (50% for SC/ ST/ PWD category candidates) in the aggregate of Physics, Chemistry, Biology and English in the qualifying exam.
- Those with CGPA grades will have to apply the conversion factor in the application form. The conversion factor should be as approved by their respective examination board.
- In case of the equivalent exam passed from any Indian university or a foreign university, a certificate from the respective university stating that the qualifying exam is equivalent to class 12th exam under the 10+2 scheme/ Senior School Certificate Exam/ Intermediate Science (I.Sc) must be produced.
Eligibility Criteria for Overseas Citizen of India (OCI) and Non-Resident Indian (NRI):
- The eligibility criteria for OCI and NRI candidates will be the same as applicable to the candidates of Indian nationality.
- However, the OCI candidates will have to submit the proof of registration in order to appear for the entrance exam.
Eligibility Criteria for foreign nationals (Applicable to AIIMS, New Delhi only):
- The foreign candidates nominated by the Government of India needs to secure at least 50% marks in aggregate of English, Physics, Chemistry and Biology in their Intermediate Science or equivalent exam to be eligible for AIIMS MBBS admission 2022.
- These candidates do not require appearing in the entrance test and should contact the Indian Mission/ Post abroad in their country and the Ministry of External Affairs, Government of India, New Delhi for nomination.