AIIMS MBBS Exam Pattern 2022: Mode of exam, Duration, Marking scheme
AIIMS MBBS Exam Pattern 2022: In order to be well-prepared for the AIIMS MBBS exam, it is very important to know its pattern. AIIMS MBBS Exam Pattern 2022 will provide you an understanding of the exam details such as its duration, mode, marking scheme, type of questions, etc. You can also know the important topics form which most of the questions are asked.
The exam will be conducted online and there will be 200 questions asked in the exam from Physics, Chemistry, Biology (Botany & Zoology), General Knowledge and Aptitude & logical thinking. The candidates are suggested to get themselves well-versed with the AIIMS MBBS Exam Pattern 2022, as in this way they will not experience any surprises when they appear for the exam.
AIIMS MBBS Exam Pattern 2022
- Mode of exam: The exam will be conducted in online mode, i.e., it will be a computer-based test (CBT).
- Duration of the exam: The total duration of the exam will be 3 hours 30 minutes.
- Center of exam: The exam is proposed to be held in around 155 cities all over the country.
- Medium of the paper: The questions paper will be provided in either English or Hindi language, depending on the choice made by the candidates in their application form.
- Number of questions: The paper will consist of a total of 200 questions.
- Marking scheme: Each question will carry 1 mark. One-third mark will be deducted for each wrong answer.
- Type of questions: Out of the total 200 questions, 140 questions will be of objective type and 60 will be of reason assertion.
- Subjects Involved: The question in the paper will be asked from these subjects:
- Biology (Botany + Zoology)
- General Knowledge
- Aptitude & Logical Thinking.
Topic-wise AIIMS MBBS Exam Pattern 2022
|Subjects||No. of Questions||Total Marks|
|Biology (Botany & Zoology)||60||60|
|Aptitude and Logical Thinking||10||10|
Schedule of AIIMS MBBS Exam 2022
AIIMS MBBS 2022 exam is supposed to be conducted in two days and there will be two shifts in one day- morning shift and afternoon shift. The candidates will have to appear for the exam on any one day in any one shift. The details of this will be mentioned on the admit card and no candidate will be permitted to appear for the exam on any day/ shift other than that allotted to him/ her.
|First shift/ Morning shift||Second shift/ Afternoon shift|
|Reporting time||7:00 am||1:00 pm|
|Last entry to the exam center||8:45 am||2:45 pm|
|Commencement of exam||9:00 am||3:00 pm|
|Conclusion of the test||12:30 pm||6:30 pm|
AIIMS MBBS Syllabus 2022
The syllabus of the AIIMS MBBS will cover the topics from the subjects of Physics, Chemistry and Biology of 11th and 12th standard. In addition to this, basic questions related to general knowledge and aptitude and logical thinking all also asked in the paper.
There is no specific syllabus prescribed by the institute and the candidates are advised to prepare for the exam from their standard books only.