AIIMS PG 2022: Application Form, Syllabus, Exam Pattern
To provide admissions to the selected candidates into its post graduation courses, AIIMS will be conducting its own entrance exam. The candidates who clear the AIIMS PG 2022 exam will be considered for admissions in 9 different AIIMS. Candidates will be able to register for this exam in online mode from August 2021, for January session and from March 2022 for July session. This article provides important details related to AIIMS PG 2022 such as the application form, eligibility criteria, exam pattern, etc.
Important Dates related to AIIMS PG 2022
The tentative dates for AIIMS PG 2022 are given in the table below. The actual dates will be uploaded soon after the official announcement is made in this regard.
For January session
|Release of online application form||August 2021, 4th week|
|Last date to submit the form||September 2021, 3rd week|
|Date for checking the application status: Accepted or Rejected (with reasons)||September 2021, last week|
|Last date for submission of required documents for regularization of rejected application||October 2021, 2nd week|
|Last date of receiving the application from Foreign Nationals, duly recommended & forwarded with No Objection from the MoHFW, Govt. of India||October 2021, 2nd week|
|Issue of admit card||October 2021, 3rd week|
|Exam date||November 2021, 1st week|
|Result announcement||November 2021, 2nd week|
|Exercising of choices (AIIMS and subject/ specialty)||December 2021, 2nd week|
|Spot counselling by respective AIIMS (in case of vacant seats, if any)||January 2022, last week|
For July session
|Release of online application form||March 2022, 2nd week|
|Last date to submit the form||March 2022, last week|
|Date for checking the application status: Accepted or Rejected (with reasons)||April 2022, 2nd week|
|Last date for submission of required documents for regularization of rejected application||April 2022, 2nd week|
|Last date of receiving the application from Foreign Nationals, duly recommended & forwarded with No Objection from the MoHFW, Govt. of India||April 2022, 2nd week|
|Issue of admit card||April 2022, 4th week|
|Exam date||May 2022|
|Result announcement||May 2022, 3rd week|
|Exercising of choices (AIIMS and subject/ specialty)||May 2022, 3rd week|
|Spot counselling by respective AIIMS (in case of vacant seats, if any)||June 2022|
AIIMS PG 2022 Eligibility Criteria
The candidates must ensure the following eligibility criteria before applying for the AIIMS PG exam 2022:
For MD/ MS/ MDS:
- A candidate must possess MBBS degree for MD/ MS and BDS degree for MDS courses from a University recognized by the MCI/ DCI.
- The qualifying exam must be passed by obtaining a minimum of 55% aggregate marks (50% for SC/ ST candidates).
- The candidates should complete one-year compulsory rotating internship/ practical training on or before 30th January 2022 (for January session) and 30th July 2022 (for July session).
For DM/ M.Ch. (6 years):
- The candidate must possess a MBBS degree and should have completed the required period of one-year compulsory internship.
- At least 55% marks in aggregate must be secured by the candidate in all the MBBS professional examinations.
AIIMS PG 2022 Exam Pattern
An understanding of exam pattern is quite necessary before you start preparing for the exam. The exam pattern of AIIMS PG 2022 is given in the below table:
|Mode of exam||Online|
|Exam duration||For MD/ MS course: 3 hours|
For MDS course: 1:30 hours
|Medium of question paper||English|
|Type of questions||Objective type|
|No. of questions||For MD/ MS course: 200|
For MDS course: 90
|Marking scheme||+1 mark for each correct answer|
|Negative marking||-1/3 for each incorrect answer|
AIIMS PG Syllabus 2022
No specific syllabus is prescribed by the institute for the AIIMS PG 2022 exam. The questions in the exam will be asked from the topics studied in the MBBS/ BDS professional course.
The following preparation tricks can help the aspirants in cracking their AIIMS PG 2022 with good marks:
- Study according to a time table. Prepare a time table for your studies and strictly adhere to it.
- Always pay attention in the class. Since, the questions in AIIMS PG will be asked from your undergraduate course, much of the exam preparation will be done if you attend your classes attentively.
- Make notes of the important topics. In this way, you can go through them easily without turning the whole book.
- Practice sample papers. Try to solve questions from the previous years’ practice papers.
Recommended Books for AIIMS PG 2022
The following reference books are quite helpful while preparing for AIIMS PG 2022:
- Anatomy: General Anatomy by BD Chaurasia
- Anaesthesia: Short Textbook Of Anaesthesia by Yadav
- Biochemistry: Illustrated Biochemistry by Rodwell
- ENT: Diseases of Ear, Nose and throat by PL Dhingra and Shruti Dhingra
- Forensic Medicine: Review of Forensic Medicine by Sumit Seth
- Medicine: Internal Medicine by Dennis Kasper
- Microbiology: Textbook of Microbiology by CP Baveja
- Ophthalmology: Review of Ophthalmology by Ruchi Rai
- Orthopaedics: Essential Orthopaedics by Maheshwari
- Paediatrics: Essential Pediatrics by Vinod K Paul
- Physiology: Plant Physiology by William Francis Ganong
- Pharmacology: Essentials of Medical Pharmacology by KD Tripathi
- Surgery: Bailey & Love’s Short Practice of Surgery by Norman Williams, P Ronan O Connell, Andrew McCaskie
AIIMS PG Application Form 2022
The application form for AIIMS PG 2022 will be released on the official website of AIIMS. In the application form, the candidates will have to provide their personal details, contact details, address details, qualification details, etc. The candidates will also have to upload the scanned copies of their signature and photograph in the form. The duly filled application form should be submitted with the required application fee on or before the last date. After the successful submission of application form, take a printout of the registration slip generated.
The fee payment can be done through debit card/ credit card/ net banking.
- General/ OBC category candidates: Rs. 1500/-
- SC/ ST candidates: Rs. 1200/-
- PWBD candidates: Exempted from payment of fee
AIIMS PG Admit Card 2022
The applicants will be able to download their AIIMS PG 2022 admit card by visiting the official website. The candidates should take a printout of the admit card to be carried to the exam center on the day of exam. The candidates must check all the details mentioned in the card. Any discrepancy, if found, must be immediately bought to the notice of Assistant Controller of Examination, AIIMS, New Delhi.
AIIMS PG 2022 Result
AIIMS PG 2022 result will be declared in online mode on the official website www.aiimsexams.org. The marks/ percentile score of the individual candidates will also be made available on the website. On the basis of the percentile score, a merit list will be prepared and the candidates will be allowed to attend the counseling as per the merit list.
AIIMS PG 2022 Counseling
The candidates will be invited to participate in the counseling as per their names in the merit list. The candidates will have to submit attested copies of the important documents at the time of counseling. During counseling, the candidates will be allowed to exercise choice for admissions into 9 different AIIMS. The details of counseling and seat allocation process will be uploaded on the official website.