AIIMS PG 2023: Application Form, Exam Pattern, Dates, Eligibility
AIIMS PG 2023: The All India Institute of Medical Sciences, New Delhi will be conducting the AIIMS PG 2023 exam for admissions into its 3-year MD/ MS/ MDS and 6-year DM/ M.Ch. degree programmes. The exam is conducted twice a year, January and July and the interested candidates can submit their application for this exam in online mode. It is important that the aspiring applicants start preparing for this exam as soon as possible, so that they can get enrolment into the PG courses right after their completion of UG programme.
This article provides you certain preparation strategies that you can follow in order to clear the AIIMS PG 2023 exam. In addition to this, we have also provided basic details related to AIIMS PG 2023 such as registration process, eligibility criteria, important dates, etc.
AIIMS PG 2023 Important Dates
For January session
|Commencement of online registration||August 2022|
|Last date for registering online||September 2022|
|Date for checking the status of the application: Accepted or Rejected with reasons||September 2022|
|Final status||September to October 2022|
|Final Registration for completion of other details:|
Qualification, City Choices, Payment.
(Open only to accepted Basic Registrants)
|Release of admit card||3rd week of October 2022|
|Entrance exam date||November 2022|
|Announcement of result||November 2022|
For July session
|Commencement of online registration||2nd week of March 2023|
|Last date for registering online||Last week of March 2023|
|Date for checking the status of the application: Accepted or Rejected with reasons||April 2023, 2nd week|
|Last date for submission of required documents for regularization of rejected application||April 2023, 2nd week|
|Last date of receiving the application form duly recommended & forwarded with “No Objection” from the Ministry of Health & Family Welfare, Govt. of India for Foreign Nationals||April 2023, 2nd week|
|Release of admit card||4th week of April 2023|
|Entrance exam date||2nd week of May 2023|
|Announcement of result||3rd week of May 2023|
|Exercising of Choices (AIIMS and subject/ specialty)||May 2023, 3rd week|
|Date of Spot counselling by respective AIIMS (in case of vacant seats, if any)||June 2023|
AIIMS PG 2023 Eligibility Criteria
The candidates must fulfill the following eligibility criteria for AIIMS PG 2023 exam:
The candidates of Indian nationality, Overseas Citizen of India (OCI), and foreign nationals can apply for the AIIMS PG 2023 exam.
For MD/ MS/ MDS:
- The applicants who have completed their MBBS degree (for MD/ MS) and BDS degree (for MDS) with at least 55% marks (50% marks for the SC/ ST candidates) from a recognized university are considered as eligible.
- The candidates must have also completed their 12 months of rotating internship/ practical training.
For DM/ M.Ch. (6 years):
- Those candidates who hold an MBBS degree passed with a minimum of 55% marks in aggregate and have completed the one-year compulsory internship can apply for AIIMS PG 2023.
AIIMS PG 2023 Application Form
The application form for AIIMS PG 2023 will be made available on the official website of the AIIMS aiimsexam.org. The candidates will have to register themselves for the specific course they wish to apply for. Select the course and tap the ‘click here’ button on the new registration page that appears. Read all the instructions very carefully and then click on ‘proceed’ button.
The candidates will have to fill the AIIMS PG registration form 2023 by providing their personal details, contact details, and address details. Sign the declaration of eligibility at the end of the registration form and click on the ‘register’ button to complete the process of registration. A ‘candidate id’ and ‘password’ will be generated after completion of registration. The email id and the phone number provided in the registration form will be used for future communications.
Using the candidate id and password, the applicants will have to re-login. The details entered in the registration form will appear on the window. The candidates can either click on ‘edit’ button to change the information or proceed to next step that will be filling of qualification details.
After this, the candidates will have to make application fee payment. The application fee payment can be done via debit card/ credit card/ net banking.
|General/ OBC category candidates||Rs. 1500/-|
|SC/ ST candidates||Rs. 1200/-|
|PWBD candidates||Exempted from payment of fee|
In the application form, the candidates will have to provide their exam center choice (step 4) and upload the scanned image of their photograph, signature and thumb impression (step 5). The photograph, signature and thumb impression must be uploaded as per the following specification:
|Photograph||jpg/ jpeg/ gif/ png||50 kb – 100 kb|
|Signature||jpg/ jpeg/ gif/ png||20 kb – 100 kb|
|Thumb impression||jpg/ jpeg/ gif/ png||20 kb – 100 kb|
In the last, the candidates will have to click on the ‘submit’ button to make the final submission of the AIIMS PG 2021 registration form and take a printout of the registration slip.
Official application link– https://www.aiimsexams.org/
Preparation Tricks for AIIMS PG 2023
Candidates planning on getting admissions in the post-graduation courses offered by the AIIMS must know that it is one of the most prestigious exams for medical aspirants and the competition will also be quite tough. If you are also an AIIMS PG 2023 aspirant then you must start preparing for the exam without making any further delay. Here are given certain guidelines that might help you in preparing for the exam:
- First of all, know your syllabus. The syllabus for AIIMS PG 2023 exam will cover the topics that you have already read during your undergraduate programme.
- Next, collect all the important study material and make a proper time-table. Give appropriate time of each and every topic with more focus on the topics that you feel you are weak in.
- Revision and practice are very important in order to prepare for this exam. Revise the things that you study on a regular basis. In order to get the understanding of your weak and strong points, practice mock-tests also from time-to-time.
- Anatomy: BD Chaurasia, Arvind Arora
- Physiology: Soumen Manna, Arvind Arora
- Biochemistry: Rebecca James
- Pathology: Robbins, Vandana Puri
- Microbiology: CP Baveja, Apurba Sastry
- Forensic Medicine: Sumit Seth
- ENT: PL Dhingra, Sakshi Arora
- Ophthalmology: Ruchi Rai
- Medicine: Deepak Marwah, Vinod Khanna
- Surgery: Rajamahendran
- OG: Shaw And Mudaliar, Sakshi Arora
- Paediatrics: Ghai; Arvind Arora
- Orthopedics: J Maheshwari
- Radiology and Dermatology: Arvind Arora
AIIMS PG 2023 Exam Pattern
- The exam will be conducted in online mode (computer-based test).
- The duration of exam will be 3 hours for MD/ MS course and 1 hour 30 minutes for MDS course.
- The medium of the question paper will be English only.
- All the questions asked will be of objective type (multiple-choice questions).
- The number of questions asked will be 200 for MD/ MS and 90 for MDS.
- Each correct answer will be awarded 1 mark and one-third marks will be deducted for each wrong answer.
AIIMS PG 2023 Syllabus
- The questions for MD/ MS exam will come from the subjects taught at the MBBS level.
- The syllabus for MDS will cover all the topics you have studied during your BDS degree programme.
Admit Card for AIIMS PG 2023
The concerned authority will release the AIIMS PG admit card 2023 on the official website. The candidates will have to download the admit card and carry it with them to the exam center. No candidate, in the absence of AIIMS PG 2021 admit card, will be allowed to take the exam. A valid identity proof must also be carried in addition to the admit card.
The candidates who are not able to download their admit card must contact the Assistant Controller of Examinations, AIIMS, New Delhi-110608 providing details of their name, candidate id, subject applied and other particulars of the registration form.
AIIMS PG 2023 is supposed to be conducted in 68 cities all across the country. The applicants can provide their choice for examination center at the time of online application form filling. The exam center will be allotted on first-come first-serve basis subject to availability of seats in the selected city. The city of examination once chosen and allotted will not be changed and any request in this regard will not be entertained.
AIIMS PG 2023 Result and Admission
The result of AIIMS PG 2023 exam will be announced most probably in the month of May 2023 (for July session) and October 2022 (for January session). The candidates who obtain percentile score more than the minimum cut-off will be considered qualified. The minimum cut-off necessary in the entrance exam will be 50th percentile. Merit lists (both overall and category-wise) of the candidates will be prepared on the basis of their percentile score and the candidates whose names appear in the merit list will be invited for counseling and document verification. Those who fulfill all the criteria required for the AIIMS PG 2023 admission will be granted final enrolment.