AIPVT 2024: Replaced By NEET
The admissions to the B.V.Sc & A.H. degree courses are provided on the basis of entrance exam, AIPVT 2024. This exam has been replaced by the NEET UG from the year 2017 onwards. Those who qualify their NEET UG 2024 exam will be invited to participate in the counseling and admission process conducted by the Veterinary Council of India (VCI). The eligible candidates will be able to register themselves for counseling from the month of September 2024. The important details related to AIPVT 2024 such as registration process, eligibility requirements, counseling procedure, etc is provided through this post.
AIPVT 2024 Important Dates
The important details related to AIPVT 2024 counseling are given below. The actual dates will be updated after the official announcement is made.
|Starting of online registration||2nd week of September 2024|
|Last date to register online||2nd week of September 2024|
|Allocation of seats will start from||2nd week of September 2024|
|Last date for allocation of seats||2nd week of September 2024|
|Issue of allocation letter to the candidates and to the allotted veterinary colleges||2nd week of September 2024|
|Reporting to the allotted colleges||Immediately (As soon as possible)|
|Allocation of seats and issuance of allocation letter to the selected candidates against remaining vacant seats||4th week of September 2024|
|Reporting to the allotted colleges||Last week of September 2024|
AIPVT Application Form 2024
The application form for AIPVT 2024 will be released on the official website most probably in the 2nd week of September 2024. The candidates will have to provide their personal and educational details into the application form. Scanned copies of the important documents will also be uploaded in the application form. At the time of application form filling, the candidates will have to provide their choices for colleges in which they wish to apply for admissions. The completely filled application form should be submitted on or before the last date. After submitting the application form, the candidates should take a printout of the application form and keep it safe for future reference.
AIPVT 2024 Eligibility Criteria
The candidates must fulfill the given criteria in order to be eligible for admissions:
- The candidates of Indian nationality are eligible to apply. However, the candidates of Jammu & Kashmir are not eligible for admission to B.V.Sc. & A.H. course under 15% All India quota. The candidates residing in Jammu & Kashmir who are not a domicile will have to provide an affidavit in this regard in order to be eligible for admissions.
- The applicants should have attained the age of 17 years on or before 31st December 2024. The upper age limit of the candidate as on 31st December 2024 should not exceed more than 25 years. A relaxation of 5 years in the upper age limit will be provided to the candidates belonging to SC/ ST/ OBC category.
- The candidate should have passed their class 12th or equivalent exam with Physics, Chemistry, Biology/ Biotechnology and English as mandatory subjects. A minimum of 50% marks in aggregate of these subjects is also required. A relaxation of 5% in the qualifying marks will be given to the reserved category candidates.
AIPVT Counseling 2024
The counseling for admission to B.V.Sc. & A.H. degree course under 15% seats will be conducted by VCI. The admission will be offered in the government and private veterinary colleges of India (except from Jammu and Kashmir). The allotment of the college will be done according to the rank (category rank) of the candidate in NEET, the choice made by them at the time of registration and the availability of seats. The candidates will be able to get the complete details regarding the counseling process on the official website of the Council vci.nic.in and aipvt.vci.nic.in. No separate intimation regarding this will be sent to the candidates individually. The result of allocation of seats will also be made available on the official council’s website.
AIPVT 2024 Admission
The candidates are required to visit the college allotted to them during the counseling to complete the admission formalities. The eligibility criteria, self-declaration and the original documents of the candidates will be verified at the institute only. The candidates must bring with them the following documents in original and self-attested photocopy at the time of admission:
- VCI Counseling Registration confirmation page
- Application Form of NEET UG
- Admit Card of NEET UG
- Rank Card of NEET UG
- Identity proof as the one mentioned in the Application Form of NEET UG
- Date of Birth Certificate
- Secondary School Examination or equivalent Certificate
- 10+2 Mark Sheet
- 10+2 Certificate or Provisional Certificate
- Character Certificate from the school last attended
- Six passport size and one postcard size colored photographs (same as the one uploaded in NEET UG application form)