GPAT 2023: Application Form, Eligibility, Syllabus, Exam Pattern
NTA will be conducting GPAT 2023 in order to screen candidates for admission into master’s degree program in the field of Pharmacy (M.Pharma). The GPAT score will be accepted by all AICTE Approved Institutions/ University Departments/ Constituent Colleges/ Affiliated Colleges. On the basis of their score, the candidates will also be considered for few scholarships and other financial assistance.
It is important to get a good rank in this exam in order to be eligible for scholarships or financial assistance. This article provides certain tips, tricks and reference books that can help the candidates in clearing this exam will a good rank. In addition to this, other details related to GPAT 2023 such as eligibility, application process, syllabus, etc is also provided in this post.
GPAT 2023 Important Dates
Below here are given the tentative dates related to GPAT exam 2023. These dates are subject to change as per the official announcement made by the concerned authority.
|Starting of registration process
|4th week of October 2022
|Last date to submit application form
|3rd week of December 2022
|Release of admit card
|2nd week of January 2023
|Last week of January 2023
|Announcement of result
|1st week of February 2023
|Title of the Exam
|Full Form of the Exam
|Graduate Pharmacy Aptitude Test
|Who organizes the exam?
|National Testing Agency
|Mode of application
GPAT Exam Pattern
A fair understanding of exam pattern can help you in better preparation for the exam. To provide you an overview of GPAT 2023, the exam pattern is given below:
- Mode of exam: Online
- Duration of exam: 3 hour
- No. of questions: 125
- Total marks: 500
- Type of questions: Objective type
- Marking scheme: +4 marks for each right answer
- Negative marking: -1 marks for each wrong answer
GPAT Syllabus 2023
The following topics will be covered under the GPAT 2023 syllabus. GPAT syllabus will be as notified by AICTE.
Physical Chemistry, Physical Pharmacy, Organic Chemistry, Pharmaceutical Chemistry, Pharmaceutics, Pharmacology, Pharmacognosy, Pharmaceutical Analysis, Biochemistry, Biotechnology, Microbiology, Pathophysiology, Biopharmaceutics & Pharmacokinetics, Clinical Pharmacy & Therapeutics, Human Anatomy & Physiology, Pharmaceutical Engineering, Pharmaceutical Management, Pharmaceutical Management and Dispensing & Hospital Pharmacy
- Principles of toxicology
- Autacoids and their Antagonists
- Vitamins & Minerals
- Pharmacology of Endocrine system
- Drugs acting on urinary system
- Drugs acting on Respiratory system
- Pharmacology of peripheral nervous system
- Pharmacology of cardiovascular system
- General Pharmacology
- Pericyclic reactions
- General principles
- Aromaticity & chemistry of aromatic compounds
- Amino acids & proteins
- Polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons
- Different aromatic classes of compounds
- Carbonyl Chemistry
- Heterocyclic Chemistry
- Bridged rings
- Protection & deprotection of groups
- Different classes of therapeutic drugs
- Therapeutic classes of drugs
- Pharmaceutical Inorganic Chemistry
- Different classes of therapeutic drugs
- Medicinal Chemistry
- Dentifrices, desensitizing agents, & anticaries agents
- Pharmaceutical Impurities
How to prepare for GPAT 2023?
A large number of students appear for GPAT every year, thus making it a highly competitive exam. In order to get good score in this test, you really need to work hard. We are providing certain basic strategies that can help you in clearing this test and getting a better rank:
- Only refer standard books while studying. A list of certain most recommended books is provided to you in this article.
- A time table can help you in completing your syllabus in a timely manner. So, make a practical time table and study accordingly.
- Practice more and more. Once you complete your syllabus on time, try to solve sample papers as much as you can.
- Revise on a regular basis. This will keep the topics always fresh in your mind.
GPAT Reference Books
Some of the highly recommended books that can help you in effective exam preparation are listed below:
- Instrumental Methods of Analysis: H.H. Willard, L.L. Merrit and J.A. Dean
- Introduction to Spectroscopy: D.L.Pavia, G.M.Lampman, G.S.Kriz
- Basic & Clinical Pharmacology: Bertram G. Katzung, Susan B Masters
- Martindale: The Complete Drug Reference, Sean C. Sweetman
- Textbook of Pharmacognosy: Noel M Ferhuson
- Marketing Management: Phillip Kotler, Prentice Hall
- Microbiology: Michael Pelczar, Tata McGraw-Hill Publishing Company Ltd
- Harper’s Illustrated Biochemistry: Robert Murray, David Bender, McGraw- Hill
GPAT Application Form
The interested applicants can submit their application for GPAT 2023 in online mode. In the application form, the candidates will have to enter their personal details, educational details, exam city choice, upload scanned copies of required documents, etc. The application form can then be submitted finally along with the required application fee.
Candidates are requested not to submit multiple applications for GPAT otherwise, it will be rejected by the National Testing Agency.
Here are the step-by-step instructions to apply for GPAT 2023:
Step 1: You need to register online for GPAT with your email ID and phone number. Please note download your application number after registration.
Step 2: Fill up your GPAT application form with your personal details, educational details and mailing address.
Step 3: You need to upload scanned copy of your photograph either in colour or black & white. The file size should be in between 10Kb – 200Kb. You also need to upload scanned copy of your signature (file size 4kb – 30kb) and PwD certificate (file size: 50kb to 300kb).
Step 4: Make payment of application fee using ICICI Bank/Canara/Paytm Payment Gateway through Net
Banking/Credit Card/Debit Card/UPI/Wallet.
- For General (UR)- Male: Rs.2000/-
- For General (UR)- Female: Rs.1000/-
- For Gen-EWS/ SC/ST/PwD /OBC-(NCL)- Male: Rs.1000/-
- For Gen-EWS/ SC/ST/PwD /OBC-(NCL)- Female:Rs.1000/-
- Third gender: Rs.1000/-
Step 5: Take printout of the confirmation page.
GPAT 2023 Eligibility Criteria
Only the candidates following the below-mentioned criteria will be considered eligible for GPAT:
Age Limit: There is no age cap has been prescribed for taking the GPAT exam.
Educational Qualification: The candidates should hold a B.Pharma degree in order to be eligible for GPAT.
Final Year: Candidates who are going to take the final year of B.Pharmacy (10+2+4) and whose result will get announced in prior to the commencement of admission for academic session 2022-24 are also eligible to apply.
GPAT Admit Card
The GPAT admit card 2023 will be released in online mode hopefully in the month of January 2023. The admit card will be available on the official website and will also be sent to the registered email address. The candidates are required to take a printout of the admit card to be carried to the exam center. The admit card will contain the photo, name and signature of the candidate, roll number, test date, time and venue details.
GPAT result 2023 will be announced around 4 weeks after the commencement of exam. The score card of the candidates will be made available on the official website and the candidates will be able to download it by providing their login credentials. On the basis of the score obtained by the candidates, merit list will be drawn. The merit list will contain the rank, candidate roll number, total score, category and status of all the candidates.
The candidates with a valid GPAT score will be eligible for admissions into the different participating institute. On the basis of their rank, the candidates will be invited to participate in the centralized counseling process or the admission procedure of state governments. As per the rank and the choices made by the candidates, they will be considered for final enrolment.
Frequently Asked Questions
Question 1: What is the date of releasing GPAT 2023 application?
Answer: The date is not yet confirmed, however the same is likely to release by 4th week of October 2022.
Question 2: What will be the mode of application?
Answer: Candidates are required to fill and submit their application through online mode.
Question 3: What will be the mode of exam?
Answer: GPAT will be conducted as Computer-Based test.