JEE Main 2023: Application Form, Eligibility, Exam Date
JEE Main 2023 is one of the most prolific engineering entrance exams of India. The National testing agency (NTA) will conduct this exam. The students looking to get admission into the finest engineering and architecture colleges of India such as IITs, NITs, CFTIs need to appear for this exam. Please note that the JEE Main exam is organized twice in a year, once in the month of January and once in the month of April. The application process for the January 2023 session of JEE Main exam will start from September 2022.
The registration and application process of JEE Main 2023 will take place in online mode. Before applying for the exam, the aspirant should make sure that they are eligible. It is an online exam (Computer-based test). However, the drawing test for B.Arch and B. Planning will take place offline.
JEE Main 2023
- The NTA will conduct the JEE Main 2023.
- To help candidates familiarize with the exam, the NTA will set up test practice centres all over India.
- The application process will take place only in online mode through the official website.
- There is no age limit in order to apply for the JEE Main exam.
- It is an online exam, in which the candidates have to answer using a computer. However, the drawing test of Paper 2 will be held in offline mode.
- The candidates should check the eligibility criteria carefully before applying.
- As per the latest notification, it is not compulsory for the candidates to have an Aadhar Card in order to apply.
JEE Main 2023 Important Dates
The NTA will conduct the JEE Main exam. The tentative schedule for both the exams is as follows:
|Starting of online application form submission||September 2022|
|Availability of Mock Test||September 2022|
|Last date for the submission of online application form||September 2022|
|Last date for the payment of application fee||October 2022|
|Availability of correction window||October 2022|
|Announcement of exact date, time and city of the exam||November 2022|
|Release of online admit card||December 2022|
|Date of Examination||January 2023|
|Declaration of result||January 2023|
JEE Main 2023 Eligibility Criteria
The candidates must fulfill the eligibility criteria below in order to apply for the JEE Main exam.
- Please note that there is no age limit in order to apply for the JEE Main 2023 exam. The students who passed 10+2 exam in the year 2020, 2021 or appearing in 2023 can apply irrespective of their age.
- The aspirant must pass the class 12th exam from a recognized board either in the year 2021 or 2022.
- If the candidate is going to appear for the class 12th exam in the year 2023 then he/she can also apply.
- For admission to B.E/ B.Tech programs, the candidate needs to pass the class 12th exam with Physics, Mathematics and any of the Biotechnology/ Chemistry/ Biology/ Technical Vocational subject.
- In order to get admission to B.Arch, the applicants need to pass 12th class exam with Chemistry, Physics and Mathematics subjects.
- For admission to B. Planning, the aspirants have to clear the 10+2 exam with Mathematics subjects.
Note: The applicant must have studied at least 5 subjects at the 10+2 level. In case the candidate has studied 4 subjects in class 12th then he/she is not eligible.
Eligibility Criteria for NITs, IITs, and CFTIs
- To get admission to these renowned institutes, the candidate must secure at least 75% marks at the 10+2 level (65% for SC/ ST candidates).
- The candidates who have top 20 percentile in the class 12th exam of various state boards are also eligible.
JEE Main 2023 Application Form
Here is the step by step procedure by which the candidates can apply for the JEE Main exam with ease.
- First of all, the candidates need to register for online application form by entering some basic details like name, email address and phone number.
- After registration, the aspirants will get an application number and password. The candidates need to use their application number and password to log into the application portal.
- The application form will available to the candidates after sign-in.
- In the application form, the aspirants need to provide academic and personal details in a very accurate manner.
- Apart from the details, the candidates have to upload the scanned images of passport size photograph and signature. In the application form, the candidates also need to provide their preference for the exam center cities.
- The size of scanned photograph and signature should be 10 kb to 200 kb and 4 kb to 30 kb respectively.
- The candidates need to upload the images in JPG/ JPEG format only. An applicant can upload photograph either in coloured or black/ white format.
Note: Upload the image very carefully because the option for the correction in images will not be made available.
- After filling the application form, the candidates can move on to pay the application fee.
- Finally, the aspirants may take a print out of the confirmation page. Please remember that the confirmation page will be available only after the successful payment of the application fee.
- It is compulsory for every candidate to pay the application fee otherwise the form will be rejected.
- The application fees for the candidates of different categories are as follows
|Application Fee For Exam Centers within India|
|Papers||General/ OBC candidates||SC/ ST/ PWD candidates|
|Either Paper 1 or Paper 2||Rs. 500/- for Boys, Rs. 250/- for Girls||Rs. 250/- for both boys and girls|
|Both Paper 1 and Paper 2||Rs. 1300/- for Boys, Rs. 650/- for Girls||Rs. 650/- for both boys and girls|
|Application Fee For Exam Centers in Foreign Country|
|Papers||General/ OBC candidates||SC/ ST/ PWD candidates|
|Either Paper 1 or Paper 2||Rs. 2500/- for Boys, Rs. 1250/- for Girls||Rs. 1250/- for both boys and girls|
|Both Paper 1 and Paper 2||Rs. 3800/- for Boys, Rs. 1900/- for Girls||Rs. 1900/- for both boys and girls|
- The candidates can pay the application fee through the online payment gateways using a credit card, debit card or Internet banking.
- In addition to this, the application can also pay the fee by cash using the e-challan. Please note that the submission of e-challan will take place at all branches of Syndicate Bank.
Provision for AADHAR card
- Please note that as per the latest notification of NTA, it is not necessary for the candidates to enter their Aadhar Number in the application form.
- In case the students haven’t enrolled for Aadhar, then they should apply for the same by visiting the nearest Aadhar Enrollment Centre.
- If the candidates have enrolled for Aadhar but haven’t received it yet then they can apply by entering 14 digits Aadhar Enrollment ID.
- Apart from the Aadhar card, the candidates can apply using other Photo ID proofs as well.
JEE Main 2023 Exam Pattern
The aspiring candidates can check the exam pattern for JEE Main 2023 exam as follows:
- Mode of Examination: Online (Computer Based Test) (Except for the Drawing Test in Paper 2)
- Number of Papers: 2 (Paper 1 for B.E/ B.Tech aspirants and Paper 2 for B.Arch/ B. Planning aspirants.
- Number of Questions: Paper 1 will have 90 questions and Paper 2 will have 81 questions (including 1 drawing questions)
- Type of Questions: Objective type Multiple choice questions (except for the drawing questions in paper 2)
- Allocation of exam date and shift: Randomly
- Language of Exam: Hindi and English for all exam centers. Hindi, English and Gujarati for exam centers in Gujarat, Daman & Diu and Dadra & Nagar Haveli.
- Marking Scheme: 4 marks will be awarded for every correct answer.
- Negative Marking: 1 mark will deduct in case of an incorrect answer.
- Maximum Marks: 360 for paper 1 and 390 for paper 2. Drawing question in paper 2 will carry 70 marks.
Note: The candidates will get the rough sheet at the examination hall for doing their rough work and calculation.
Subject-wise number of Questions in the JEE Main Exam
|Papers||Subjects||Number of Questions|
|Paper 1 (For B.E/ B.Tech)||Mathematics||30|
|Paper 2 (For B.Arch/ B. Planning)||Drawing Test||1|
JEE Main 2023 Syllabus
The aspirants should check the JEE Main Syllabus 2023 very carefully in order to prepare for the exam.
Mathematics: Permutations and combinations, Sets, Relations and Functions, Matrices and determinants, Mathematical reasoning, Mathematical induction, Continuity and differentiability, Integral calculus, Co-ordinate geometry, Sequences and series, Vector algebra, Trigonometry, Three-dimensional geometry, etc.
Chemistry: Purification and characterization of organic compounds, General principles and processes of isolation of metals, Organic compounds, Hydrocarbons, Polymers, Classification of elements and periodicity in properties, Block elements group 13 to group 18 elements, Block elements (alkali and alkaline earth metals), General principles and processes of isolation of metals, D-block elements and f-block elements, Equilibrium, Surface chemistry, Redox reactions and electrochemistry, Chemical bonding, etc.
Physics: Rotational motion, Electromagnetic waves, Kinetic theory of gases, Properties of solids and liquids, Gravitation, Electrostatics, Oscillations and waves, Current electricity, Dual nature of matter and radiation, Electrostatics, Magnetic effects of current and magnetism, Work, power and energy etc.
Aptitude Test for B. Planning/ B.Arch: Material Objects, Texture related to Architecture and build environment, Awareness of persons, Buildings, places, building forms and elements, Understanding and appreciation of scale and proportion of objects, harmony and contrast, color texture etc.
JEE Main Test Practice Centres
- To help the candidates prepare for the Computer Bases Exam, the NTA will establish a network of Test Practice Centres all over the country.
- In this test centers, the students can understand and get familiar with the mode of JEE Main Exam.
- If the aspirants have any doubt regarding the online mode of examination then they can clear it by asking the nodal officers at Test practice centres.
- The test practice center remains active for two hours (2 PM to 4 PM) on working days. However, on weekends i.e. Saturday and Sunday, the TPC works for 6 Hours (10 Am to 4 PM)
JEE Main 2023 Admit Card
- The applicant will able to download the admit card from the official website of NTA.
- In order to download the JEE Main 2023 admit card, the applicant needs to enter their application number.
- Please note that the NTA will not send an admit card by post or any other offline medium.
- The information regarding the venue, timing and shift the exam will available on the admit card.
- It is compulsory for every candidate to carry the following documents at the exam center.
- Print out of the Admit card downloaded from the official website of NTA
- 1 passport size photograph
- Any one photo ID proof (original) such as – Driving License/ PAN card/ Passport/ Voter ID/ Aadhar Card/ Ration Card etc.
- PwD certificate (If applicable)
- Please note that the authorities will not provide duplicate admit card to any candidate at the exam center.
- After conducting the exam, the NTA will display the provisional answer Keys and responses of the candidates to the multiple choice questions.
- In case a candidate is not satisfied with the answer key then he/she can challenge the same. In order to do so, he/she need to pay Rs. 1000/- per question.
- The link to challenge the answer key will available on the official website after the exam.
- After examining all the challenges, the authorities will release the final answer keys. The evaluation of result will take place on the basis of final answer keys.
JEE Main 2023 Result
- The NTA will declare the JEE Main 2023 result on the official website.
- In order to check the result, the candidates need to visit the NTA website and provide their roll number.
- The result card will contain information about the marks of the candidates in each subject along with the total marks.
- On the basis of the marks obtained, the NTA will provide a unique rank to the candidates.
- If two or more applicants have equal marks then the candidate will better score in Mathematics will get the better rank.
JEE Main 2023 Counselling
- The candidates who will score more than the qualifying marks may participate in the Counselling Process.
- Please note that the Joint Seat Allocation Authority (JoSAA) will manage the counselling and seat allocation process of JEE Main exam 2023.
- The counselling process will take place in a completely online mode.
- In order to participate in the counselling, the candidates have to register on the Joint Seat Allocation Authority (JoSAA) website and provide their choices of institutes.
- The authorities will allot the seats on the basis of candidates’ rank.
- Finally, after the seat allotment, the students need to report to the respective college for document verification.