JIPMER 2022: Eligibility Criteria, Syllabus, Exam Pattern, Books
JIPMER 2022 entrance exam will be organized by the Jawaharlal Institute of Postgraduate Medical Education and Research to select candidates for admissions into its MBBS course. The interested and eligible candidates can submit their online application for the exam in the month of March 2022. The exam will be conducted as a computer-based test and is supposed to be held in the month of June 2022. Through this article, we are providing you the important details related to JIPMER 2022 such as exam pattern, syllabus, eligibility, etc.
JIPMER 2022 Important Dates
The tentative dates related to JIPMER 2022 are given below. After the official announcement by the relevant authorities, the exact dates will be updated here.
|Availability of application form||March 2022, 1st week|
|Last date of form submission||April 2022, 2nd week|
|Admit card release||May 2022, 4th week|
|Exam date||June 2022, 1st week|
|Publication of merit list||June 2022, 3rd week|
|First counseling||June 2022, last week|
|Second counseling||July 2022, 4th week|
|Third counseling||August 2022, 3rd week|
|Final counseling||September 2022, last week|
|Admission formalities||July 2022, 1st week|
|Issue of admission letter||July 2022, 1st week|
|Commencement of classes||July 2022, 1st week|
|Closing of admission process||September 2022, last week|
JIPMER 2022 Exam Pattern
The exam pattern for JIPMER 2022 as set by the institute is as follows:
- Mode of exam: Online
- Duration: 2:30 hours
- Type of questions: Objective type
- Medium of question paper: English
- Number of questions: 200
- Marking scheme: For every correct answer, 4 marks will be awarded. 1 mark will be deducted for each incorrect answer.
|Subject||No. of questions||Maximum marks|
|English Language & Comprehension||10||40|
|Logical & Quantitative Reasoning||10||40|
JIPMER Syllabus 2022
The syllabus for JIPMER 2022 will be based on the curriculum of class 11 and 12 as prescribed by State Board Hr. Sec. and CBSE.
- Physics: Units and Measurement, Kinematics, Laws of Motion, Work, Energy and Power, Electrostatics, Current Electricity, Oscillation, Gravitation, Optics, Electromagnetic Induction, etc
- Chemistry: Basic Concepts of Chemistry, Classification of Elements and Periodicity in Properties, Chemical Equilibrium, s-, p-, d- and f-block Elements, Chemical Bonding and Molecular Structure, Chemical Kinetics, etc
- Biology: Diversity in Living World, Biological Classification, Cell Structure and Function, Plant Physiology, Reproduction, Genetics, Evolution, Ecosystem, Biology and Human Welfare, Biodiversity, etc
How to prepare?
The candidates preparing for JIPMER 2022 can follow the below-mentioned strategies to score well in their exam:
- Study according to a time table. It will help you in proper management of the time and you will be able to focus on all subjects in an efficient manner.
- Rely on authentic sources for collection of study material.
- Make notes of the topics that you study. These notes will come in handy during last moment revision.
- As for now, sufficient amount of time is left for the exam. Give more time to strengthen your basics. Once your basic is strong, you can also practice sample papers.
- Do not ignore the importance of proper food and sleep. Also, always study with a relaxed mind.
JIPMER 2022 Reference Books
A list of few trusted books that you can refer for your JIPMER exam preparation is given below:
- Physics: NCERT, H.C Verma, Pradeep Publications
- Chemistry: NCERT, Pradeep Publications, O.P Tandon
- Biology: NCERT, Trueman Publication, Objective Biology by Dinesh
Application Form for JIPMER 2022
JIPMER 2022 application form will be made available on the official website of JIPMER. The candidates who fulfill the eligibility criteria can submit their application in online mode. In the application form, the candidates will have to provide personal details, qualification details, scanned copies of photograph, signature, Caste/ Community/ OPH certificate (whichever applicable), etc. The duly filled application form along with the prescribed fee should be submitted before the last date of form submission.
The application fee can be paid through credit card, debit card or net banking. The category-wise fee structure for JIPMER exam is given below:
|General (UR)/ P-UR, OBC/ P-OBC||Rs. 1500/-|
|SC/ST and P-SC/ST||Rs. 1200/-|
|NRI/ OCI||Rs. 3000/-|
|OPH/ P-OPH||Exempted from paying application fee|
JIPMER Eligibility Criteria 2022
Only those candidates who fulfill the JIPMER 2022 eligibility criteria should submit their application for exam:
- Indian Nationals and Overseas Citizens of India are eligible for admissions.
- The applicants should have passed the HSC or equivalent exam with Physics, Chemistry, Biology/ Biotechnology and English.
- Minimum marks in aggregate of Physics, Chemistry, and Biology/ Biotechnology must be 60% (50% for the SC/ ST/ OBC/ OPH category candidates). Individual pass in these subjects and in English is also required.
- Appearing candidates can also apply.
- The age of the candidates should be 17 years as on 31st December 2020. There is no upper age limit.
JIPMER Admit Card 2022
JIPMER 2022 admit card will be issued in online mode and the candidates will be able to download their admit card by visiting the official website. The candidates will have to provide their application number and password to download the admit card. It is mandatory for candidates to carry the admit card and a valid identity proof to the center in order to appear for the exam.
JIPMER 2022 Result
JIPMER result 2022 will be announced most probably in the month of June and the list of the qualified candidates will be published on the official website. The marks/ percentile score of the candidates will also be made available on the JIPMER website. Based on the result of the entrance exam, category-wise merit lists will be drawn.
JIPMER 2022 Counseling
JIPMER counseling 2022 will be done as per the merit list. All the qualified candidates will have to report to the venue to attend counseling on the date and time as mentioned in the call letter. The candidates will have to attend counseling in person along with all the required documents in original and photocopy as well.