JIPMER PG 2022: Exam Pattern, Syllabus, Application Form, Eligibility
JIPMER conducts its own entrance exam to offer the candidates admissions into its postgraduate MD/ MS courses. The JIPMER PG 2022 exam is conducted twice a year in the month of November and May. The interested candidates will be able to submit their application for the exam in the month of September (January session) and February (July session). The application form will be released in online mode and the exam will also be conducted online. The candidates can get the complete details of the JIPMER PG 2022 such as eligibility, exam pattern, syllabus, etc from this article.
JIPMER PG 2022 Important Dates
The official dates related to JIPMER PG 2022 are given in the table below. These dates will be updates as per the official announcement.
|January session||July session|
|Application form||September 2021, 4th week||February 2022, last week|
|Submission deadline||October 2021, 4th week||April 2022, 1st week|
|Admit card||November 2021, 2nd week||April 2022, last week|
|Exam date||December 2021, 1st week||May 2022, 3rd week|
|Merit list||December 2021, 2nd week||May 2022, last week|
|First round of counseling||December 2021, 3rd week||June 2022, 2nd week|
|Second round of counseling||January 2022, 2nd week||July 2022, 1st week|
|Third round of counseling||January 2022, last week||July 2022, last week|
|Last round of counseling||February 2022, 4th week||August 2022, last week|
|Admission formalities||December 2021, last week||June 2022, last week|
|Admission letter||December 2021, last week||June 2022, last week|
|Classes would commence||January 2022, 1st week||July 2022, 1st week|
|Admission deadline||February 2022, last week||August 2022, last week|
JIPMER PG 2022 Exam Pattern
The JIPMER PG 2022 exam pattern is given here:
- Exam mode: Online (computer-based)
- Duration: 3 hours
- Question paper language: English
- of questions: 250
- Type of questions: MCQ
- Marking scheme: 4 marks for each correct response and -1 mark for each incorrect response
|Topics||No. of Questions||Total Marks|
|Basic Clinical Sciences||100||400|
JIPMER PG Syllabus 2022
The syllabus of JIPMER PG 2022 will be based on the curriculum of the UG degree programme and will cover the topics study during the undergraduate course.
- Basic Clinical Sciences: Anatomy, Physiology, Biochemistry, Pathology, Pharmacology, Microbiology and Forensic Medicine & Toxicology
- Clinical Sciences: Medicine, Surgery, Obstetrics & Gynecology, Community Medicine, Pediatrics, Ophthalmology, Orthopedics, ENT, Anesthesiology, Dermatology, Psychiatry, Radio-diagnosis, Radio-therapy, Emergency Medicine, Nuclear Medicine, Blood Transfusion Medicine and Pulmonary Medicine
How to prepare for JIPMER PG?
The candidates aspiring to get admissions into postgraduate courses offered by JIPMER needs to prepare in a well-planned manner. Here, we are providing you certain basic tips for your exam preparation:
- A time table can help you in finishing the syllabus on time. Prepare a time table and stick to it.
- Do not leave revision for the end. Try to revise the topics you study on weekly or monthly basis.
- Try to solve as many as mock tests as possible. Mock tests can help you in identifying your weak and strong areas.
- Don’t ignore your health. Proper intake of food and sleep is also very important.
JIPMER PG 2022 Reference Books
A list of highly recommended books that can help the aspirants in clearing their JIPMER PG exam is given below:
- Anatomy: Arvind Arora, Rachana Chaurasiya
- Biochemistry: Rebecca James
- Forensic Medicine: Narayan Reddy, Dr Gaurav Aggarwal
- Medicine Dermatology And Venereology: Mudit Khanna, Vivek Jain
- Microbiology: Rachana Chaurasiya
- Obstetrics and Gynaecology: Sakshi Arora
- Ophthalmology: B Ramgopal, Ruchi Rai
- Physiology: Soumen Manna, Arvind Arora
- Pharmacology: Sparsh Gupta & Gobind Rai Garg
- Pathology: Sparsh Gupta
- Paediatrics: Taruna Mehra, Arvind Arora
- Psychiatry: Vivek Jain
- Radiodiagnosis & Radiotherapy: Sumit Seth, Vivek Jain
- Social And Preventive Medicine: Vivek Jain
- Surgery, ENT, Orthopedics & Anaesthesia: Pritesh Singh, Ruchi Rai, Apurv Mehra
JIPMER PG Eligibility Criteria 2022
The following are the eligibility criteria for appearing in JIPMER PG 2022 exam:
- The candidates must possess MBBS or an equivalent degree recognized by the Medical Council of India with minimum aggregate marks of 55% (50% for SC/ ST candidates).
- A candidate must have completed the required period of 12 months compulsory rotating internship/ practical training on or before 31st December 2021 (January session) or 30th June 2022(June session).
JIPMER PG 2022 Application Form
The candidates who wish to appear for the entrance exam will have to submit their application first. The JIPMER PG application form 2022 will be released in online mode on the official website. The candidates will be asked to provide their basic personal details, academic details, contact details, and upload their photograph and signature in the scanned format into the application form. The duly filled application will be submitted along with the application fee. The fee payment can be done via net banking/ credit card/ debit card.
- General/ OCI/ Sponsored/ OBC candidates: Rs. 1600/-
- SC/ ST candidates: Rs. 1200/-
- NRI/ FN candidates: Rs. 3000/-
- OPH candidates: Exempted from paying the application fee
JIPMER PG Admit Card 2022
JIPMER PG 2022 admit card will be made available on the official website. The candidates will be able to download their admit card by using their login credentials. The venue, time and shift of the examination will be communicated to the candidates through the admit card. The admit card along with an identity proof must be carried to the exam center, or else, the candidates will be debarred from appearing in the exam.
JIPMER PG Result 2022
The result of JIPMER PG 2022 exam will be declared in online mode. The marks scored by the individual candidates will be made available on the official website. On the basis of the marks secured by the candidates, merit lists will be drawn. An overall merit list as well as category-wise merit list will be prepared. The shortlisted candidates will then be invited to take part in the process of counseling.
JIPMER PG 2022 Counseling
The successful candidates will have to attend the JIPMER PG counseling 2022 as per the merit list. The candidates will have to report at the counseling venue along with the required documents, in person. During the counseling, the candidates will be allowed to choose any discipline of their choice, after the verification of their documents. The candidates will be able to get the details about the counseling from the official website.