JIPMER PG 2023: Application Form, Exam Pattern, Dates, Eligibility
The online application for JIPMER PG 2023 (for January session) might be released from 3rd week of September 2022. The entrance exam for the same is scheduled to be conducted in the last week of October 2022. The Jawaharlal Institute of Postgraduate Medical Education and Research (JIPMER) organizes entrance exam to enroll candidates into its postgraduate medical courses. JIPMER PG 2023 exam will be conducted with the aim to screen the applicants for admissions in MD/ MS degree programmes. In order to get selected, the candidates are supposed to put extra efforts as it is considered as one of the toughest entrance exam for PG admissions.
This article provides you with some basic guidelines for self-preparation for this exam. It also contains a list of certain recommended books for JIPMER PG 2023 exam that might prove to be helpful for you. You can also find other details related to JIPMER PG 2023 exam such as pattern, eligibility, registration, etc in this article.
How to prepare for the JIPMER PG 2023?
Being one of the prominent exams for post graduation in the medical field, the level of JIPMER PG 2023 exam will be quite high. Therefore, the aspirants need to do some real hard work in order to clear this exam. There are certain very simple tips and tricks that can help you prepare for the JIPMER PG 2023 exam given as:
- The first thing you need to do is collect the study material at one place so you do not have to search here and there looking for the study material.
- The next thing is to prepare a time-table. Time management is very important especially when you are preparing for one of the toughest competitive exams. Not just prepare, but it is also important to stick to that time-table in a strict manner.
- In between the studying, it is also necessary that you keep revising the things that you have studied earlier. In this way, you do not forget the topics you have studied previously as you move on with the new topics.
- Practicing mock tests is very important part while preparing for any competitive exam. Same is case for JIPMER PG exam preparation. Try to solve as many practice papers as possible. This also helps you in getting clarity on the pattern of the examination. The exam pattern for the JIPMER PG 2023 is also given in the next section.
- The exam will be conducted through a Computer Based Test (CBT), i.e. in online mode.
- The duration of the exam will be 3 hours.
- The question paper will be in English only.
- 4 marks will be awarded for each correct response and 1 mark will be deducted for each incorrect response.
|Topics||No. of Questions||Total Marks|
|Basic Clinical Sciences|
(Anatomy, Physiology, Biochemistry, Pathology, Pharmacology, Microbiology and Forensic Medicine & Toxicology)
(Medicine, Surgery, Obstetrics & Gynecology, Community Medicine, Pediatrics, Ophthalmology, Orthopedics, ENT, Anesthesiology, Dermatology, Psychiatry, Radio-diagnosis, Radio-therapy, Emergency Medicine, Nuclear Medicine, Blood Transfusion Medicine and Pulmonary Medicine)
Recommended Books for JIPMER PG 2023
- Anatomy: Arvind Arora, Rachana Chaurasiya
- Biochemistry: Rebecca James
- Forensic Medicine: Narayan Reddy, Dr Gaurav Aggarwal
- Medicine Dermatology And Venereology: Mudit Khanna, Vivek Jain
- Microbiology: Rachana Chaurasiya
- Physiology: Soumen Manna, Arvind Arora
- Pharmacology: Sparsh Gupta & Gobind Rai Garg
- Pathology: Sparsh Gupta
- Paediatrics: Taruna Mehra, Arvind Arora
- Psychiatry: Vivek Jain
- Radiodiagnosis & Radiotherapy: Sumit Seth, Vivek Jain
- Social And Preventive Medicine: Vivek Jain
- Surgery, ENT, Orthopedics & Anaesthesia: Pritesh Singh, Ruchi Rai, Apurv Mehra
- Obstetrics and Gynaecology: Sakshi Arora
- Ophthalmology: B Ram Gopal, Ruchi Rai
|For MD/MS||For DM/ M.Ch/ Fellowship|
|Online application form||September 2022||September 2022|
|Form submission deadline||October 2022||October 2022|
|Admit card||November 2022||November 2022|
|Date of exam||December 2022||December 2022|
|Merit list||December 2022||December 2022|
|Counselling process||December 2022||December 2022|
|Admission letter||December 2022||December 2022|
|For MD/MS||For DM/ M.Ch/ Fellowship|
|Online application form||January 2023||January 2023|
|Form submission deadline||April 2023||April 2023|
|Admit card||April 2023||April 2023|
|Date of exam||May 2023||May 2023|
|Merit list||June 2023||June 2023|
|Counselling||June 2023||June 2023|
|Admission letter||June 2023||June 2023|
JIPMER PG 2023 Application Form
The application form for the JIPMER PG 2023 exam will be released in online mode on the official website. The candidates who fulfill the eligibility criteria can fill the application form for this exam. In the application form, the candidates will have to provide their personal and qualification details. After entering the particulars in the application form, the candidates will also have to upload their photograph and signature as per the specification mentioned below:
|Photograph||JPG||20 kb – 200 kb|
|Signature||JPG||20 kb – 200 kb|
To complete the process of registration, the candidates will have to submit a specified application fee. The fee payment can be done via debit card/ credit card/ net banking. The application fee structure is given as:
|General/ OCI/ Sponsored/ OBC candidates||Rs. 1500/-|
|SC/ ST candidates||Rs. 1200/-|
|NRI candidates||Rs. 3000/-|
|OPH candidates||Exempted from paying the application fee|
Eligibility Criteria for JIPMER PG 2023
- The candidates of Indian Nationals, Overseas Citizens of India as well as Non- Resident Indians can apply for the JIPMER PG 2023 exam.
- The NRI candidates are however required to route their application through Ministry of Health and Family Welfare, Government of India, New Delhi. Also, they require prior permission from Medical Council of India before applying.
- The applicant must hold MBBS or equivalent degree recognized by Medical Council of India. A minimum of 55% marks in aggregate (50% for SC/ ST candidates) is required in the qualifying exam.
- The applicants must have completed their 1-year rotating internship/ practical training on or before 31st December 2022.
JIPMER PG 2023 Admit Card
The candidates who have submitted their application form correct in every manner before the last date will be able to download their admit card/ hall ticket for the JIPMER PG 2023 exam. The admit card will contain the name, date of birth and roll number of the applicant, image of photograph and signature as uploaded in the application and the details of the exam center allotted to the applicants. No provision for change/ correction in the admit card will be provided.
The candidates must produce this admit card at the center of the exam along with a valid identity proof (original as well as photocopy). No candidate will be permitted to enter into the examination hall in the absence of these documents. Only Aadhaar/ E-Aadhaar with validated digital signature and Passport will be considered as id proof. The candidates from Assam, Meghalaya and Jammu & Kashmir can bring the following identity proof:
- Bank Passbook with photograph
- Voter ID
- Driving License
- Any other valid Government identity Proof with photograph
The candidates will be allowed to choose 3 centers of examination at the time of application form filling. The final allotment of the exam will be done by JIPMER and no request for change of center would be considered under any circumstances. JIPMER reserves the right to allot any exam center to the candidate in case of unavailability of seat or cancellation of the exam center or any other reason. The center of exam is supposed to be in the following cities:
- New Delhi
JIPMER PG 2023 Result & Counseling
The result for the JIPMER PG 2023 exam will be released tentatively in the month of December. A list of the candidates along with their marks will be displayed on the official website. An overall merit list as well as category-wise merit list will be prepared. The shortlisted candidates will then be invited for counseling. The details about the counseling will be released on the website only and no counseling letter will be sent to the candidates individually.
The candidates who qualify for the counseling will have to report at the counseling venue in person along with the required documents for verification. Biometric finger print and image verifications of the candidate will also be done on the day of counselling.
- Original hall ticket with seal of the invigilator
- Rank letter
- Certificate showing the date of birth (Birth Certificate/SSLC mark List)
- MBBS degree or Provisional Pass certificate and Mark Statement
- Internship Completion Certificate
- Conduct Certificate, Transfer Certificate and Migration Certificate obtained from the Institute last attended.
- Permanent/ Provisional Medical Registration Certificate (The candidates from Andhra Pradesh has to produce a letter (in his/her name) from the Andhra Pradesh Medical Council stating that the original registration certificate has been retained and a Xerox/ photocopy of the Registration Certificate issued by Andhra Pradesh Medical Council can be acceptable for P.G Admissions.)
- Residence certificate issued by Revenue Authority (not below the rank of Tahsildar) or Aadhaar card or Voter ID or Passport copy
- Community Certificate, (if applicable) obtained from the competent authority or Revenue Officer not below the rank of Tahsildar
- Certificate from the Institute last studied, stating that the degree obtained by him / her from that Institute is recognized by Medical Council of India.
- Service candidate should produce NOC/ Relieving Order and a certificate granting study leave
- Proof of Registration (in case of OCI)
- Medical Certificate (in case of OPH candidates)
- Passport size color photo– 4 Nos
The candidates who have opted for a seat and selected through the counseling, shall undergo medical examination and biometric (Finger-print / signature) verification. After due verification of the documents, clearance of biometric parameters, medical fitness certified by competent authority nominated by the Institute, the admission letter will be issued. Those who are offered the final enrolment must join the institute and pay the specified fee on the date mentioned in the selection letter. Those who fail to join the course or fail to report for duty to the concerned Head of the Department, their enrolment will be treated as cancelled.