JIPMER PG Eligibility Criteria 2023: Nationality, Academic Qualification
JIPMER PG Eligibility Criteria 2023: The candidates hoping to apply for the JIPMER PG exam 2023 must fulfill a set of eligibility requirements. Only those candidates who meet the JIPMER PG Eligibility Criteria 2023 should apply for the entrance exam. The candidates who apply and appear for the exam might get selected but will be debarred from the admission if at any stage they are found to be ineligible. So, it is very important for the candidates to ensure the JIPMER PG Eligibility Criteria 2023 before submitting their application form.
JIPMER PG Eligibility Criteria 2023
The candidates must follow these eligibility criteria for JIPMER PG 2023 in order to apply for the exam:
- The candidates with Indian Nationality and the Overseas Citizens of India can apply for the JIPMER PG exam 2023.
- The Non-Resident Indians can also submit their application form. However, the applications of the NRI candidates should be routed through the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare (MoHFW), Government of India, New Delhi. Along with this, such candidates will also have to take prior permission from the Medical Council of India (MCI) before applying for the entrance exam. Those candidates who get selected will also have to get a temporary registration with the Medical Council of India for the duration of postgraduate study.
Note: An advance copy of the application and copy of request to MCI must be submitted by the NRI candidates at JIPMER, Puducherry before the last date of receipt of applications.
The interested candidates must possess an MBBS or equivalent degree recognized by the Medical Council of India.
Minimum qualifying marks:
- The candidates must have passed their qualifying exam (MBBS or equivalent) with at least 55% marks.
- A relaxation of 5% marks is given to the applicants belonging to the SC/ ST category, i.e., the minimum qualifying marks for SC/ ST candidates is 50%.
- For the OPH candidates, the minimum qualifying marks required will be the same as the other candidates of their category.
- It is also necessary that the aspiring candidates have completed their compulsory practical training/ rotating internship of duration 12 months, in order to meet the JIPMER PG Eligibility Criteria 2023.
- Those who are supposed to complete this internship before 31st December 2023 (for January session) or 30th June 2023 (for July session) are eligible for the JIPMER PG exam too.
Candidates who have already done or are pursuing MD/ MS in any subject in any institution are not eligible for admission to MD/ MS course at JIPMER.
JIPMER PG Application Form
The applicants who satisfy the JIPMER PG Eligibility Criteria 2023 can proceed towards filling their application form. The application form will be released in the online mode on the official website of JIPMER in the month of September. The candidates will have to provide their basic personal, educational and professional details into the application form. In addition to this, the candidates will also have to upload the scanned copies of their photograph and signature. All the candidates who make successful form submission will be able to download their admit card and appear for the exam.