JIPMER PG Exam Pattern 2022: Online Exam, Marking Scheme
JIPMER PG Exam Pattern 2022: The JIPMER PG exam is conducted twice a year, in January and in July. The candidates who are preparing for this exam might wish to know the pattern of the exam. The JIPMER PG Exam Pattern 2022 will familiarize the applicants with the mode & duration of exam, type & number of questions asked and other important things related to the exam. By gaining familiarity with the JIPMER PG Exam Pattern 2022, the candidates can prepare for their exam in a better manner.
JIPMER PG Exam Pattern 2022
- Mode of exam: The JIPMER PG exam will be held in online mode. It means it will be a computer-based test.
- Shift of exam: The JIPMER PG exam will be held only in one shift.
- Duration of entrance test: The total duration of the entrance test will be 3 hours.
- Medium of paper: The exam will be conducted only in English medium.
- Topics involved: In the exam the questions will be from basic clinical sciences and clinical sciences.
- Total number of questions: A total of 250 questions will be there in the paper.
- Type of questions: All the questions asked in the paper will be of objective type.
- Marking scheme: Each question will carry 4 marks and for each incorrect answer, 1 mark will be deducted. The questions that are left unanswered or marked for review will not be considered for marking.
- Test center: The JIPMER PG exam is supposed to be held in 10 different cities all over India.
Topic-wise JIPMER PG Exam Pattern 2022
|Topics||No. of Questions||Total Marks|
|Basic Clinical Sciences- Anatomy, Physiology, Biochemistry, Pathology, Pharmacology, Microbiology and Forensic Medicine & Toxicology||100||400|
|Clinical Sciences- Medicine, Surgery, Obstetrics & Gynecology, Community Medicine, Pediatrics, Ophthalmology, Orthopedics, ENT, Psychiatry, Anesthesiology, Dermatology, Radio-diagnosis, Radio-therapy, Emergency Medicine, Nuclear Medicine, Blood Transfusion Medicine and Pulmonary Medicine||150||600|
How to prepare for Computer-Based Test?
In order to familiarize the candidates with the online test, mock tests will be provided by JIPMER on its official website. By practicing the mock test, not only the candidates will get the idea of appearing in the computer-based test but will also be able to gain a clear understanding of the Exam Pattern of JIPMER PG 2022.
JIPMER PG Syllabus 2022
The syllabus of the JIPMER PG entrance exam will mainly cover the topics you have read in your MBBS level programme. The questions in the exam will be asked form clinical sciences and basic clinical sciences.