NEET 2022: Syllabus, How to Prepare, Best Books, Exam Pattern
NEET 2022 will be conducted by NTA to screen the candidates for admissions into MBBS/ BDS courses offers by medical colleges situated all over the country. The exam is going to be conducted in pen and paper mode. The medical aspirants who wish to appear for this exam can submit their application form in online mode. A large number of candidates are supposed to be appearing for NEET 2022 and the competition is going to be very tough. To get admissions into the top medical colleges, it is important that the candidates start their preparation right now.
In this article we are providing the candidates the preparation strategies and recommended books that can help them in getting good score in the exam. Other details related to NEET 2022 such as application form, eligibility criteria, exam pattern, etc are also provided here.
NEET 2022 Important Dates
The tentative dates related to NEET 2022 are given in the table below.
|Availability of application form
|1st week of December 2021
|Last date to submit the form
|Last week of December 2021
|Release of admit card
|4th week of March 2022
|1st week of May 2022
|1st week of June 2022
NEET Application Form 2022
The interested candidates will have to submit their application in order to appear for the NEET. NEET 2022 application form can be obtained from the official website of NTA. The candidates will have to provide their personal and qualification details in the application form. Along with this, the scanned copies of signature and photograph will also be uploaded. After providing all the correct information in the application, the candidates will have to make final submission of the form. An application fee of Rs. 1400/- (Rs. 750/- for SC/ ST/ PH candidates) will also be submitted along with the application form. The fee payment can be done via debit card/ credit card/ net banking/ e-wallet, etc.
NEET 2022 Eligibility Criteria
Before filling their application form, the candidates must ensure the following eligibility criteria:
- Indian Nationals, Non Resident Indians (NRIs), Oversees Citizen of India (OCIs), Persons with Indian Origin (PIOs) & Foreign Nationals can apply.
- The minimum and maximum age limit for the candidates applying for NEET is 17 and 25 years respectively, as on 31st December on the year of admission.
- The candidates should have passed their class 12th or equivalent exam with Physics, Chemistry and Biology/ Biotechnology.
- The qualifying marks required in the aggregate of these three subjects are 50% for General candidates, 45% for Gen-PH and 40% for SC/ ST/ OBC candidates.
NEET 2022 Exam Pattern
NEET 2022 exam pattern is given as:
- Exam mode: Pen and Paper mode
- Duration: 3 hours
- Type of questions: Objective type
- Marking scheme: 4 marks will be awarded for each right answer
- Negative marking: 1 mark will be deducted for each wrong answer
|No. of Question
NEET 2022 Syllabus
The NEET 2022 syllabus will comprise of the topics studied in Physics, Chemistry and Biology at 10+2 level. The MCI will recommend the syllabus after reviewing various state syllabi and the syllabus prescribed by CBSE, NCERT and COBSE. The subject-wise exam syllabus is given as:
- Physics: Physical World and Measurement, Kinematics, Electrostatics, Laws of Motion, Work, Energy and Power, Current Electricity, Magnetic Effects of Current and Magnetism, Electromagnetic Induction and Alternating Currents, etc
- Chemistry: Some Basic Concepts of Chemistry, Structure of Atom, Classification of Elements and Periodicity in Properties, Chemical Bonding and Molecular Structure, Solid State, Solutions, Electrochemistry, Chemical Kinetics, etc
- Biology: Diversity in Living World, Structural Organisation in Animals and Plants, Cell Structure and Function, Plant Physiology, Reproduction, Genetics and Evolution, Biology and Human Welfare, Biotechnology and Its Applications, etc
How to prepare for NEET 2022?
In order to get admission to a good medical college, a good ranking in NEET is required. We are providing certain preparation tips to the candidates that can help them in scoring well in this exam:
- Make a time table and study according to it. You can edit the time table according to your preparation.
- Start your preparation with the NCERTs. Only after finishing the NCERT, you should move on to other reference books.
- While you study, try to make short notes of important topics.
- Revise regularly. Revision on a regular basis will keep every topic fresh in your mind.
- Solve sample papers and mock tests. However, you must focus on completing your studies first. Do not rush to solve the sample papers without proper preparation.
Following are the recommended books that the candidates can refer for NEET 2022 preparation:
- Concepts of Physics by H.C Verma
- Objective Physics by D.C Pandey
- Fundamental Physics by Pradeep Publications
- Inorganic Chemistry by R.K Gupta
- Physical Chemistry by O.P Tandon
- Organic Chemistry by Morrison and Boyd
- Trueman Biology – Vol 1 and 2
- Biology Pradeep Publications
- Objective Biology by Dinesh
NEET Admit Card 2022
NEET 2022 admit card will be released for all the candidates who will register themselves successfully for the exam. The admit card will only be made available in online mode. The candidates should take a printout of the admit card and carry it along with them to exam center. Along with this, a valid identity proof should also be carried to the exam center.
NEET 2022 Result
The result of NEET 2022 will be declared in online mode and the candidates will be able to check their result by visiting the official website. As per the performance in the entrance exam, ranking will be given to the candidates. A merit list will also be prepared and the candidates will be invited to attend the counseling as per their rank.