NEET PG 2022: Syllabus, Application Form, Exam Pattern
NEET PG 2022 exam will be conducted in order to select the candidates for admissions into MD/ MS/ postgraduate diploma courses offered by different medical colleges of India. The medical aspirants looking for a postgraduate degree can apply for the exam from 1st week of November 2021. The process of application will be in online mode and the exam will also be conducted online. This article provides the important details related to NEET PG 2022 such as eligibility, application form, exam criteria, etc. To help the aspirants in preparing for this exam, we are also providing certain preparation strategies in this post.
NEET PG 2022 Important Dates
The important events related to NEET PG 2022 exam and their official dates are given in the table below.
|Availability of information bulletin||1st week of November 2021|
|Starting of Online Registration||1st week of November 2021|
|Last date for online registration||3rd week of November 2021|
|Release of admit card||1st week of January 2022|
|Examination date||1st week of January 2022|
|Declaration of results||Last week of January 2022|
|Counseling process||First week of Feb 2022|
NEET PG 2022 Application Form
The NEET PG application form 2022 will be made available on the official website nbe.edu.in. The interested and eligible candidates can submit their application only in online mode. In the application form, the candidates will have to provide their personal details, address details, identity proof details, contact details, educational details, exam city choice, and upload scanned copies of photograph and signature. To complete the process of application, the candidates will have to make application fee submission. The fee payment can be done online via credit card/ debit card/ net banking.
|General/ OBC candidates||Rs. 3750/-|
|SC/ ST/ PWD candidates||Rs. 2750/-|
NEET PG Eligibility Criteria 2022
The following eligibility criteria must be fulfilled by the candidates who wish to apply for NEET PG 2022 exam:
- The candidates should hold an MBBS degree/ Provisional MBBS Pass Certificate recognized as per the provisions of the Indian Medical Council Act 1956 and permanent/ provisional registration certificate of MBBS qualification issued by the MCI/ SMC. The candidates should also have completed 1-year internship (or will complete on or before 31st March 2022).
- Indian citizens or overseas citizens of India who have obtained their Primary Medical Qualifications from Medical Colleges outside India must clear the Foreign Medical Graduate Examination conducted by NBE. Further, they should have been registered with MCI/ SMC and completed their internship or likely to complete on or before 31st March 2022.
- The candidates with Foreign Nationality can appear for the exam without temporary MCI registration, but must acquire it before the commencement of course.
NEET PG 2022 Exam Pattern
It is important to know the exam pattern of NEET PG 2022 before you start preparing for your exam. The overview of the exam pattern is given as:
- Mode of the exam: Online
- Duration of exam: 3:30 hours
- Type of questions: Objective type
- Language of question paper: English
- Total number of questions: 300
- Marking scheme: 4 marks will be awarded for each correct answer and 1 mark will be deducted for each wrong answer.
|Subject||Number of Questions|
|Social And Preventive Medicine||25|
|Medicine Dermatology And Venereology||37|
|Surgery, Ent, Orthopedics & Anaesthesia||46|
|Radiodiagnosis & Radiotherapy||12|
|Obstetrics and Gynaecology||25|
NEET PG Syllabus 2022
The syllabus for NEET PG 2022 will include the subjects as per the Graduate Medical Education Regulations issued by Medical Council of India with prior approval of Government of India and will be mainly based on the curriculum of the undergraduate course.
Below here are given certain tips that can help you in preparing for your NEET PG 2022 exam:
- Collect the study material at one place before starting your preparation.
- Find out the subjects that you are strong and weak in and then prepare a time table accordingly, giving more time to the weak subjects.
- Clear your basics and make your foundation strong.
- Revise the studied topics on a regular basis.
- Practice mock test and sample papers to get an idea of the exam pattern. Practicing sample paper will also let you evaluate your preparation status.
Recommended Books for NEET PG 2022
A list of some of the most recommended books that can help the candidates in preparing for their NEET PG 2022 exam is given below:
- Anatomy: Rachana Chaurasiya, Arvind Arora
- Biochemistry: Rebecca James
- Forensic Medicine: Gaurav Aggarwal, Narayan Reddy
- Medicine Dermatology And Venereology: Vivek Jain, Mudit Khanna
- Microbiology: Rachana Chaurasiya
- Obstetrics and Gynaecology: Sakshi Arora
- Ophthalmology: Ruchi Rai, B Ramgopal
- Physiology: Soumen Manna
- Pharmacology: Sparsh Gupta, Gobind Rai Garg
- Pathology: Sparsh Gupta
- Paediatrics: Arvind Arora, Taruna Mehra
- Psychiatry: Vivek Jain
- Radiodiagnosis & Radiotherapy: Vivek Jain, Sumit Seth
- Social And Preventive Medicine: Vivek Jain
- Surgery, ENT, Orthopedics & Anaesthesia: Apurv Mehra, Pritesh Singh, Ruchi Rai
NEET PG 2022 Admit Card
The candidates who have successfully registered themselves for the exam will be able to download their admit card from the official website. Notification regarding the release of admit card will also be sent on the registered email id and contact number. The candidates are required to download the admit card, affix a passport sized photograph in it and bring it to the exam center on the day of exam. A valid identity card must also be carried along with the admit card.
NEET PG Result 2022
NEET PG 2022 result will be hopefully announced in the last week of January 2022 in online mode. The candidates will be able to download their mark sheet cum result certificate from the official website after the declaration of result. The candidates who are declared as qualified will be able to participate in the counseling process. A merit list of the qualified candidates will be prepared and allotment of seats will be done based on marks secured in the exam and merit position.
NEET PG 2022 Counseling
As per their rank in the entrance exam, the candidates will be invited for NEET PG counseling 2022. At the time of counseling, the original documents, eligibility criteria, self-declaration, etc. will be verified as per norms specified by the respective authorities and Medical Colleges. The complete details regarding the counseling process will be made available on the website www.mcc.nic.in and www.mohfw.nic.in.