NEET PG 2023: Registration, Eligibility, Exam Pattern & Dates
The National Testing Agency (NTA) will be conducting NEET PG 2023 to select candidates for admissions into postgraduate medical courses offered by numerous institutions situated all over the country. As this is the only valid exam for admissions into MD/ MS/ Post Graduate Diploma courses (except for some institutes like JIPMER, AIIMS, etc), the competition will be going to be tough.
This article will provide you the tips and tricks through which you can clear the NEET PG 2023. The application form for the exam will be released in November 2022, so this is very crucial time for you and you should start preparing right away. Here, we are providing all the important details regarding the NEET PG 2023 which will be important for you right from the preparation of the exam to the final admission in the PG courses.
NEET PG 2023- Important Dates
|Availability of Information Bulletin
|1st week of November 2022
|Starting of Online Registration
|1st week of November 2022
|Last date for Online Registration
|3rd week of November 2022
|Release of admit card
|Last week of December 2022
|2nd week of January 2023
|Declaration of Results
|January 2023, last week
|To be announced
Preparing for NEET PG 2023
Since, a few months are left in NEET PG 2023, it will be better that you start preparing for the exam in a serious manner. Time management should be done in an appropriate way so that you can study more in less time. In fact, you should make a time-table first, before you start preparing for NEET PG 2023. Preparing according to the time-table will also give you enough time to revise the syllabus, which is very important, especially when you are preparing for a tough exam like NEET. The candidates, who are doing their internship, must manage their time in such a manner that they take out at least 10-12 hours along with their internship to prepare for the NEET PG 2023.
After, the time-table, the next important thing is the study-material. You must collect the study material only from the authentic sources. The best way to prepare for NEET PG is from the course books studied at the time of under-graduation. Also, make notes of the important points that prove to be really helpful when you are going through revision.
Here are the summarized tips for preparation of NEET PG 2023
- Only follow the standard text books
- Strictly adhere to your time-table
- Try to solve as many mock tests as possible
- Find the important questions that are repeatedly asked in the previous year papers and learn them by heart
- Keep revising the learned things in between the preparation
The syllabus for NEET PG 2023 will comprise of subjects as per the Graduate Medical Education Regulations issued by Medical Council of India with prior approval of Government of India.
Best books to prepare for NEET PG 2023
- Anatomy: Arvind Arora, Rachana Chaurasiya
- Physiology: Soumen Manna
- Biochemistry: Rebecca James
- Pharmacology: Sparsh Gupta & Gobind Rai Garg
- Microbiology: Rachana Chaurasiya
- Pathology: Sparsh Gupta
- Forensic Medicine: Narayan Reddy, Dr Gaurav Aggarwal
- Social And Preventive Medicine: Vivek Jain
- Medicine Dermatology And Venereology: Mudit Khanna, Vivek Jain
- Surgery, ENT, Orthopedics & Anaesthesia: Pritesh Singh, Ruchi Rai, Apurv Mehra
- Radiodiagnosis & Radiotherapy: Sumit Seth, Vivek Jain
- Obstetrics and Gynaecology: Sakshi Arora
- Paediatrics: Taruna Mehra, Arvind Arora
- Ophthalmology: B Ram Gopal, Ruchi Rai
- Psychiatry: Vivek Jain
NEET PG 2023 Exam Pattern
The exam will be conducted online.
All the questions will be of objective type.
The question paper will be in English only.
Total number of questions asked will be 300.
4 marks will be awarded for each correct response and 1 mark will be deducted for each wrong answer.
The total duration of exam will be 3:30 hours.
|Number of Questions
|Social And Preventive Medicine
|Medicine Dermatology And Venereology
|Surgery, Ent, Orthopedics & Anaesthesia
|Radiodiagnosis & Radiotherapy
|Obstetrics and Gynaecology
The application form for NEET PG 2023 will be released on the official website neetpg.nbe.edu.in. The application form can be filled and submitted only in online mode.
The link for new registration will be available on this website. by tapping on the ‘click here’ button, the registration form will appear. Certain instructions will appear on the screen. Read them carefully and click on ‘proceed’ button. After this, the registration form will appear.
In the registration form, the candidates will have to provide their Personal details, Address details, Identity Proof details, Contact details and accept the declaration. After entering the details, the candidates can either click on ‘save and proceed’ to carry on the form filling process or can click ‘save and exit’, if they wish to fill the rest of the form later.
As you click on ‘save and proceed’, candidate id will be generated and the same will also be sent to you on the registered email id and contact number. This will conclude the first step of the application form filling.
Before moving onto the 2nd step, the candidates will be prompted for password change. Now with the candidate id generated and the updated password, the candidate can login again. After the login, the overview of the filled details will appear on the screen. You can either ‘edit’ these details or ‘proceed’ towards the 2nd step- entering of qualification details.
After submitting educational details, the candidates can again ‘save and proceed’ or ‘save and exit’. The next steps will be online fee payment, selection of test city and uploading of scanned images.
The candidates can then finally submit their application and they must take a printout of the application form for future reference.
The fee payment can be done online via credit card/ debit card/ net banking. The application fee once submitted will be neither refunded nor transferred. The structure of the application fee is given below:
The photograph must be in color with white background. Similarly, the signature of the applicant must be taken on a clear, white sheet of paper. The scanner used for scanning the images should be of 200 dpi. The specification of the images is given below:
|.jpg/ .jpeg/ .gif/ .png
|.jpg/ .jpeg/ .gif/ .png
Correction in application form:
NBE allows the candidates to edit/ modify any changes in their correction form till the last date of form submission. However, any request for change in form will not be entertained thereafter.
Eligibility Criteria for NEET PG 2023
- The candidates with MBBS degree or Provisional MBBS Pass Certificate recognized as per the provisions of the Indian Medical Council Act 1956 are eligible for NEET PG 2023.
- The applicants who have permanent/ provisional registration certificate of MBBS qualification issued by the MCI/ SMC and have completed 1-year internship (or will complete the internship on or before 31 March 2021) can also apply.
For All India 50% Quota Seats:
- The candidates who have studied MBBS from Andhra Pradesh, Telangana and Jammu & Kashmir will only be eligible for All India 50% Quota Seats if they were nominated by the Government of India to do MBBS from Medical Colleges of these states.
- A duly signed affidavit in this regard needs to be sent to the following address along with the print out of the acknowledgement of online application form:
Deputy Director (Examinations)
National Board of Examinations,
Medical Enclave, Ansari Nagar,
Mahatma Gandhi Marg, (Ring Road), New Delhi-110029
Note: Andhra Pradesh and Telangana are likely to join the All India 50% Quota subject to confirmation by the respective State Governments to MoHFW, Govt. of India.
For foreign medical graduates:
- Indian citizens or overseas citizens of India who have obtained their Primary Medical Qualifications from Medical Colleges outside India must qualify the Foreign Medical Graduate Examination conducted by NBE.
- Such applicants must be registered with MCI/SMC and have completed their internship (or likely to complete on or before 31 March 2023). They must also bring their FMGE Pass certificate issued by NBE on their testing day.
For foreign national candidates:
- The candidates with Foreign Nationality can appear for the NEET PG 2023 without temporary MCI registration.
- These candidates may receive their temporary MCI registration on payment of the prescribed fee. The registration will be valid only for the duration of the course completion and will be limited to the medical college to which he/she is admitted.
- This temporary registration will however be granted only to those candidates who are duly registered with appropriate registering authority of their own country where from they has obtained the basic medical qualification.
NEET PG 2023 Admit Card
The admit card for NEET PG 2023 will be made available on the official website of NBE. A printout of the admit card should be taken and a photograph of must be affixed on it. The admit card should be carried to the test center along with the following documents:
- Photocopy of Permanent/ Provisional SMC/ MCI registration- The photocopy of Permanent/Provisional SMC/MCI registration will be retained by the test centre
- Valid photo identity proof (in original) – PAN card/Driving license/Voter ID/Passport/ Aadhaar Card
- In case, the candidate carry e-Aadhaar card, it must be of good quality.
- Candidates who have obtained their Primary Medical Qualification outside India and do not have SMC/ MCI registration should bring their original screening test pass certificate issued on NBE letterhead.
Given below is the expected schedule of the NEET PG 2023:
|Entry at the exam center
|Closing of entry
|Grant access for Candidate Login
|Candidates log in to read instructions
|Exam Start Time
|Exam End Time
NEET PG 2023 will be conducted in several cities situated across different states of the country. As discussed already, the candidates will have to make the selection for the exam center choice in the application form only. The NBE will hold the responsibility for allotting the exam center to the candidates. In case of unavailability of the selected exam center, or any other reason, an exam center other than the chosen one may be allotted. The center allotted will not be changed under any circumstances. The details of the exam center will be mentioned in the admit card.
Result & Admission
The result for NEET PG 2023 will be available on the website www.nbe.edu.in. The candidates scoring more than the minimum marks specified by the Central Government in consultation with Medical Council of India will be considered qualified. On the basis of the marks scored, fulfillment of eligibility, availability of seats and other factors, the candidates will be granted admissions.
The counseling and admissions will be done as per the following rules:
- The seats under All India 50% quota, Medical Educational Institutions of Central Govt., AFMS Institutions, Universities established by an Act of Parliament and Deemed Universities will be filled by All India level by Directorate General Health Services, Ministry of Health & Family Welfare, Govt. of India.
- The State Quota Seats in Government/ Private Medical Institutions in a State, Institutions established by State. Govt., Universities established by an Act of State/ Union Territory Legislature, Municipal Bodies Trust, Society, Company or Minority Institutions will be filled by the concerned State Government/ Designated Counseling Authority.
- The seats of DNB courses (Broad Specialty) will be filled through Centralized Counseling conducted by NBE.
- Candidates with more correct response will be preferred.
- If there still exist a tie, candidate with better percentage in MBBS professional exams will be preferred.
- At last, candidate older in age will be preferred.