NEET PG Eligibility Criteria 2023
NEET PG Eligibility Criteria 2023: Before applying for the NEET PG exam, it is important that the candidates familiarize themselves with the required eligibility criteria. Those candidates who meet all the NEET PG Eligibility Criteria 2023 can proceed towards the application submission. In order to be eligible for this exam, the candidates must hold an MBBS degree or Provisional MBBS Pass Certificate. The candidates who do not fulfill the NEET PG Eligibility Criteria 2023 will not be considered for admissions, even if they successfully clear their exam.
NEET PG Eligibility Criteria 2023
The candidates who wish to appear for the NEET PG exam must fulfill certain basic eligibility requirements. The eligibility criteria for NEET PG are given as follows:
- The appearing candidates must have a MBBS degree or Provisional MBBS Pass Certificate recognized as per the provisions of the Indian Medical Council Act 1956.
- The applicants should also possess a permanent or provisional registration certificate of MBBS qualification issued by the Medical Council of India (MCI) or State Medical Council (SMC).
- It is also necessary for the candidates to complete their 1-year compulsory internship. Those who will complete their internship before 31st March 2023 are also eligible to apply.
Specific NEET PG Eligibility Criteria 2023
For All India 50% Quota Seats
- The candidates who have studied their MBBS degree course from the states of Andhra Pradesh, Telangana and Jammu & Kashmir will not be eligible for All India 50% Quota seats.
- However, the candidates who were nominated by the Government of India to do their MBBS from these states will be considered eligible for All India 50% Quota Seats.
- A duly signed affidavit will be submitted by such candidates declaring that they were nominated by the Government of India to pursue their MBBS degree form an institute based in any of these states. The affidavit along with the acknowledgement of application form will be submitted to the following address:
Deputy Director (Examinations)
National Board of Examinations,
Medical Enclave, Ansari Nagar,
Mahatma Gandhi Marg, (Ring Road), New Delhi-110029
Note: PG seats of Andhra Pradesh and Telangana are likely to be included in 50% All India Quota Seats subject to confirmation by the respective State Governments to MoHFW, Govt. of India.
For Foreign Medical Graduates
- A screening test (Foreign Medical Graduate Examination or FMGE) will be conducted by the National Board of Education for the Indian citizens or Overseas Citizens of India who have earned their primary medical qualifications from medical colleges situated outside India. It will be mandatory for such candidates to clear this exam.
- The applicants must bring their FMGE Pass certificate issued by NBE on their testing day.
- The applicants should have registered with MCI/ SMC and have completed their internship or likely to complete their internship on or before 31st March 2023.
For Foreign Nationals
- The foreign national candidates applying for NEET PG must be duly registered with appropriate registering authority of the country from where they have obtained their basic medical qualification. The qualification should also be duly recognized by the corresponding Medical Council or the concerned authority.
- These candidates will be given temporary registration for the duration of their PG course, limited to the medical college/ institution to which they are admitted. The temporary registration is not necessary while taking the NEET PG exam.
NEET PG Application Form
The application form for NEET PG exam 2023 will be released by 1st week of November 2021. All the interested candidates who fulfill the NEET PG Eligibility Criteria 2023 can submit their application form in online mode made available on the official website neetpg.nbe.edu.in. in the application for, the candidates will have to provide their personal and academic details, upload their signature and photograph. The applicants will also have to pay the requisite application fee in order to complete the application process.