NEET PG Exam Pattern 2023: Exam Duration, Marking Scheme
It is important to gain familiarity with the NEET PG Exam Pattern 2023 before appearing for the exam. It will help the candidates in getting an idea of the type of questions asked or the subjects involved with the exam. A detailed overview of the NEET PG Exam Pattern 2023 can not only answer the bewildering questions that may arise in the mind of the candidate but can also help in better preparation for the exam.
NEET PG Exam Pattern 2023
It is kind of necessary for the aspiring candidates have a basic understanding of the NEET PG Exam Pattern. The important highlights of the NEET PG Exam Pattern 2023 are given as:
- Mode of exam: The exam will be held in online mode or computer based test (CBT).
- Session of exam: The NEET PG exam 2023 will be conducted on a single day in a single session.
- Question paper language: The medium of the question paper will be English only.
- Number of questions: There will be a total of 300 questions asked in the paper.
- Type of questions: All the questions will be of objective type or multiple-choice questions.
- Duration of the exam: The total time allotted to complete the paper will be 3 hours 30 minutes.
- Marking scheme: 4 marks will be awarded for each right answer. Zero marks will be given for un-attempted question.
- Negative marking: There will be a negative marking of 25%, i.e., 1 mark will be deducted for each wrong answer.
Topic-wise NEET PG Exam Pattern 2023
The topic-wise distribution of the questions and marks in the NEET PG 2023 exam is specified below:
|Number of Questions
|Radiodiagnosis & Radiotherapy
|Obstetrics and Gynaecology
|Social And Preventive Medicine
|Medicine Dermatology And Venereology
|Surgery, Ent, Orthopedics & Anaesthesia
Schedule of NEET PG Exam 2023
|Entry of the candidates into exam center and commencement of biometric registration
|Closing of entry to the exam center
|Granting access for candidate login
|Candidate login and reading of instruction
|Exam starting time
|Exam concluding time
NEET PG Syllabus 2023
NEET PG Syllabus 2023 will be as prescribed by the Medical Council of India with the prior approval of the Govt. of India. The syllabus will be as per the latest Graduate Medical Education Regulations and will comprise of all the subjects or knowledge areas studied at the graduation level.