NEET PG Syllabus 2023: Download PDF
NEET PG Syllabus 2023 will consist of the subjects/ knowledge areas as per the Graduate Medical Education Regulations issued by Medical Council of India with prior approval of Government of India. The syllabus will cover different topics studied by the candidates during their undergraduate degree programme. The syllabus will be closely related to the pattern of the exam. To understand the pattern of the exam, the candidates need to gain complete familiarity with the detailed NEET PG Syllabus 2023.
NEET PG Syllabus 2023
NEET PG Syllabus 2023 will be mainly based on the curriculum of the undergraduate course. The syllabus of the postgraduate exam can be understood on the basis of the NEET PG curriculum which is divided into three phases:
Phase 1: The phase 1 of the UG studies consist of Pre-clinical subjects that include Human Anatomy, Physiology including Bio-Physics, Bio-Chemistry and introduction to Community Medicine including Humanities.
Phase 2: The para-clinical and clinical subjects taught during the phase 2 of the undergraduate program consist of the subjects of Pathology, Pharmacology, Microbiology, Forensic Medicine including Toxicology and part of Community Medicine.
Phase 3: The clinical subjects that will be taught during phase 2 and phase 3 will be Medicine and its allied specialties, Surgery and its allied specialties, Obstetrics and Gynaecology and Community Medicine.
- The topics covered under Medicine and its allied specialties include General Medicine, Paediatrics, Tuberculosis and Chest, Skin and Sexually Transmitted Diseases, Psychiatry, Radio-diagnosis, Infectious diseases etc.
- The Surgery and its allied specialties training include General Surgery, Orthopedic Surgery including Physiotherapy and Rehabilitation, Ophthalmology, Otorhinolaryngology, Anaesthesia, Dentistry, Radio-therapy etc.
- The Obstetrics & Gynaecology training will include family medicine, family welfare planning etc.
The NEET PG Syllabus 2023 will cover all the topics mentioned in the three phases of UG programme and can be summarized as:
Anatomy, Physiology, Biochemistry, Pharmacology, Microbiology, Pathology, Forensic Medicine, Social & Preventive Medicine, Medicine Dermatology & Venereology, Surgery, Ent, Orthopedics & Anaesthesia, Radiodiagnosis & Radiotherapy, Obstetrics and Gynaecology, Paediatrics, Ophthalmology and Psychiatry.
NEET PG 2023 Exam Pattern
- Mode of exam: The exam will be conducted in online mode.
- Type of questions: All the questions will be of objective type (multiple-choice questions).
- Language of question paper: The question paper will be only in English language.
- of questions: Total number of questions asked in the paper will be 300.
- Marking Scheme: 4 marks will be awarded for each correct answer and 1 mark will be deducted for each wrong answer
- Duration of exam: The total duration of exam will be 3 hours 30 minutes.
|Subject||Number of Questions|
|Social And Preventive Medicine||25|
|Medicine Dermatology And Venereology||37|
|Surgery, Ent, Orthopedics & Anaesthesia||46|
|Radiodiagnosis & Radiotherapy||12|
|Obstetrics and Gynaecology||25|
Download NEET PG Syllabus: Download PDF neet-pg-syllabus