NEET UG Eligibility Criteria 2024: Nationality, Age, Education
The candidates must fulfill the NEET UG Eligibility Criteria 2024, if they wish to appear for the exam. The candidates must ensure their eligibility criteria for NEET UG before they fill out the application form. The application form for the NEET UG is to be released in the 1st week of December 2023 and the exam will be held in the month of May 2024.
In this article, we are providing the detailed NEET UG eligibility criteria including the nationality criteria, age criteria and educational criteria as well.
Eligibility Criteria for NEET UG
The candidates of Indian nationality, Overseas Citizens of India (OCIs), Non-Resident Indians (NRIs), Persons of Indian Origin (PIOs) and Foreign National candidates can appear for the NEET UG exam.
The applicants who have completed 17 years of age on or before 31st December of the year of admission are considered to be eligible for the exam. The upper age limit will be 25 years for candidates belonging to general category and 30 years for the candidates belonging to the OBC/ SC/ ST/ PH categories.
The date of birth of the aspiring candidates should lie between the dates given as follows:
|Unreserved Category (UR) Candidates||Born on or between 07.05.1999 and 01.01.2008|
|SC/ ST/ OBC/ PH Category Candidates||Born on or between 07.05.1994 and 01.01.2008|
- The candidates should have completed their Higher/ Senior Secondary Examination or equivalent with Physics, Chemistry, Biology/ Bio-technology and Mathematics or any other elective subject with English in the last two years of study.
- Those who have passed the B.Sc. examination with not less than two of the subjects Physics, Chemistry, Biology/ Bio-technology and have also passed the earlier qualifying examination with Physics, Chemistry, Biology and English will be considered to be fulfilling the NEET UG 2024 eligibility criteria.
- The candidates who have cleared their Intermediate/ Pre-degree Examination in Science from a recognized Indian university with Physics, Chemistry, Biology /Bio-technology and English as a compulsory subject can apply for this exam.
- The applicants who have cleared their Pre-professional/ Pre-medical examination with Physics, Chemistry, Biology/ Bio-technology and English after passing the Higher Secondary or equivalent examination are eligible for NEET UG.
- The candidates who hold a 3-year degree from a recognized university and have studied Physics, Chemistry and Biology/Bio-technology in the first year of the degree programme and have also passed the earlier qualifying examination with Physics, Chemistry, Biology/ Bio-technology and English as compulsory subjects are said to be satisfying the NEET UG eligibility criteria 2024.
- The candidates appearing in any of these qualifying exams in the year 2024 can also apply for the NEET UG given that they pass with the required passing marks at the time of first round of counseling.
- Candidates who have passed their 10+2 exam from Open Schools or as private candidate will not be eligible to appear for the NEET UG.
- Study of Biology/ Bio-technology as an additional subject at 10+2 level will also not be permissible.
- The candidates must secure at least 50% marks in the aggregate of Physics, Chemistry and Biology/ Bio-technology in the qualifying examination. An individual pass in these subjects and in English is also mandatory.
- For SC/ ST candidates, the minimum marks in aggregate of Physics, Chemistry and Biology/ Bio-technology is 45% and for PH category candidates, it is 40%.
Eligibility for Seats under the Control of States/ Deemed Universities/ Central Universities/ Seats of ESIC & AFMC Including BHU & AMU/ Central Pool Quota
- Indian Nationals, NRIs), OCIs, PIOs & Foreign Nationals are eligible for admission in Medical/ Dental Colleges subject to rules and regulations framed by the respective State Governments, Institution and the Government of India.
- Foreign nationals may confirm their eligibility from the concerned colleges.
NEET UG Eligibility Criteria for 15% All India Quota Seats
The applicants of Indian National, OCIs, NRIs, PIOs and Foreign Nationals are eligible for 15% All India Quota Seats. Students from state of J&K are not eligible for the 15% All India quota seats. However, the candidates of J&K who claim their eligibility for 15% All India Quota seats, a copy of the system generated online Self-Declaration form needs to be submitted by them.