NEET UG Result 2024: How to Check NEET UG Result?
NEET UG Result 2024 will be announced after the successful commencement of the exam. The result will be declared around one month after the exam, on the official website https://ntaneet.nic.in/. The result of NEET UG is considered by many Central and State Government institutes for admissions into their MBBS/ BDS courses. NTA will prepare only the overall result sheet of the successful candidates. No category-wise result sheet will be prepared. NEET UG result 2024 is supposed to be declared in the first week of June.
NEET UG Result 2024: Important Dates
|Date of entrance exam||1st week of May 2024|
|Declaration of NEET UG Result 2024||1st week of June 2024|
|Commencement of online counseling||2nd week of June 2024|
How to check NEET UG Result 2024?
- The link to see the result will be provided on the official website of NTA NEET and also on this page.
- The candidates will have to enter their roll number and date of birth in the provided space and click on submit.
- The result/ marks-cum-rank sheet/ rank letter of the candidate will appear on the screen.
- The candidate should download it and keep it safe for future use.
Re-Checking/ Re-Evaluation of Answer Sheets
There will be no provision for re-evaluation of the answer sheet of the candidates. However, the candidates will be given a chance to challenge their OMR answer sheet at the time of release of the answer key. The answer key will be released a few weeks before the declaration of the NEET UG Result 2024.
Minimum Percentile Requirement
In order to be eligible for admission to MBBS/ BDS courses, it is necessary for a candidate to obtain the minimum percentile given as:
|General candidates||50th percentile|
|SC/ ST/ OBC candidates||40th percentile|
|UR- PH candidates (Persons with Bench Mark disability)||45th percentile|
|SC- PH, ST- PH & OBC- PH candidates||40th percentile|
Preparation of Merit List
Merit List for Counselling Under 15% All India Quota
NTA will prepare an All India Merit List based on the marks obtained by the candidates in the entrance exam. This list will be forwarded to the Directorate General of Health Services (Medical Examination Cell) (DGHS), Ministry of Health and Family Welfare (MOHFW), Government of India for the purpose of allotment of seats.
Merit List for Seats Other Than 15% All India Quota
NTA will also provide the All India Rank of the candidates to the admitting/ counseling authorities. Based on the All India Rank of the candidates, the admitting/ counseling authorities will make a category-wise merit list. The candidates will be considered for admissions on the basis of this merit list and reservation policies.
Reservation of Seats
|For SC candidates||15%|
|For ST candidates||7.5%|
|For OBC (NCL) candidates||27%|
|For PH candidates (with Bench Mark disabilities)||5%|
Resolving of Tie
If two or more candidates get the same marks in the entrance exam, their merit will be determined in the following order:
- Candidates with higher marks in Biology (Botany & Zoology) will get higher ranking
- If the above method does not break the tie, candidates obtaining higher marks in Chemistry will get higher ranking
- In case above two methods do not break the tie, candidates with less number of attempted wrong answers in all the subjects will get higher ranking
- If none of the above method works, candidates older in age will get higher ranking
Non-declaration of Result
In the following cases, the results of the candidates will not be declared:
- The candidates found indulged in unfair means practices, their candidature will be cancelled and their result will not be declared.
- The result of those candidates, who appear at the centre other than the one allotted to them, will not be declared.
- Those who write on the Test booklet/ OMR Sheet of other candidates or allow other candidates to write on their Test Booklet/ OMR Sheet, their answer sheet will be cancelled and the result will not be declared.
The counseling of the applicants will be done on the basis of the merit list. During counseling, the eligibility criteria, the documents of the candidates, online self-declaration etc. of the eligible candidates will be verified. The candidates are advised to keep in touch with the websites of CBSE, MOHFW, MCC Medical Counselling Committee and Participating States/Universities/ Institutions till conclusion of final round of counseling.